Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran a search for this an found some old info...just wanting to know if anyone on hear knows any place that can tune my PC5 for me? It's running a little lean and was tuned by the person that owned this before me in his garage.

Thanks guys!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Little Sahara Power Sports Little
Map This 137 Main Street
Waynoka, OK 73860-6834

* (580) 824-0569

It's 347 miles from KC but dudes a great tuner. Maybe somebody else will chime in. It sucks that dyno's are so far apart and good tuners are more rare.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Give Reno's Yamaha a call see what they can do. I know they have a dyno.

·
Registered
167 Posts
There is a dyno in Sedalia Mo, I have never been there but that is the closest to KC that I know of.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ok sweet, I'll do some calling today. Thanks for your help on this guys. On a side note, I'm new to the dyno world...can a motor cycle shop with the technology do this, or is it completely different programming?

Boatman, do you know the name of the place in Sedalia?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think it is Yeager Cycle, I know a guy that flat track's a 450r and that is where he does it but 450 is carbed so im not sure on their FI ability.

·
Registered
558 Posts
ok sweet, I'll do some calling today. Thanks for your help on this guys. On a side note, I'm new to the dyno world...can a motor cycle shop with the technology do this, or is it completely different programming?

Boatman, do you know the name of the place in Sedalia?
Let me know what you find out. I might be needing a dyno tune aswell.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's the typical price on this...not that it matters, but I just want to know what I'm walking into. Should I figure $100 or $500?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a quick update...I'm in contact with Olathe Suzuki about possibly doing this for me...I just have to talk to their guy about this when he gets back from lunch. They're dyno certified though, so it looks promising.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
This place entered there company quad in the 450 class at pikes peak and won. It says tuned in KC if they didn't tune it I'm sure they can tell ya who did.

Corporate Office Address:

American Performance Technologies
8844 Hillcrest Rd.*
Kansas City, MO. 64138

Contact Number : (+1) 816-767-8783

Email : [email protected]

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The guy that does the tuning said he does quads all the time. With that said, I don't know if there's a difference in tuning between the two.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Bigfalcon let me know how it goes might head over there.

·
Registered
558 Posts
You should meet me over there for the tuning. It's Tuesday from 4-5p. You can watch the process and see if it's something you want to do.
I might see about that.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Falcon did you end up gettin this done?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes I went up there and got it completed. I have some really crappy cell phone video's that I was going to post of the process, but they're brutal and it really doesn't do the process justice. Everything was very professional and everything was completed in 75 minutes.

I have the paperwork at home of the gains that the machine has made. The main thing that he improved was the lower end of the machine, the fuel/air ratio, and the throttle. It used to be that even with the throttle pinned wide open, I could only get 85% of full throttle...now I get the full 100%. The fuel/air was set in 19's, he reduced it to a steady 13.0 through all gears. Then he went through the mapping process and completing changed everything.

I haven't taken the quad out yet to run it because of the rain.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
Yes I went up there and got it completed. I have some really crappy cell phone video's that I was going to post of the process, but they're brutal and it really doesn't do the process justice. Everything was very professional and everything was completed in 75 minutes.

I have the paperwork at home of the gains that the machine has made. The main thing that he improved was the lower end of the machine, the fuel/air ratio, and the throttle. It used to be that even with the throttle pinned wide open, I could only get 85% of full throttle...now I get the full 100%. The fuel/air was set in 19's, he reduced it to a steady 13.0 through all gears. Then he went through the mapping process and completing changed everything.

I haven't taken the quad out yet to run it because of the rain.
been in there a few times, they are HIGH on their prices for race fuel for sure. so the 250 was a full on tune for every gear? post some sheets!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts