Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the go fast stuff just got delivered and I'm not booked in for a custom tune for a couple of weeks.

Should I hold off installing the gear or go ahead and try one of the PCIII off the shelf tunes beforehand and if so which tune should I use as there doesn't seem to be one for that combo at present.

Alternatively is there anyone with this setup running a tune they can send me ::)

Cheers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm impressed, just got a same day response from Dynojet re LTE/GYTR intake being a suitable map.

Just as well given the lack of response from you lot :moon

BTW credit to DMC, the duals were a breeze to fit and look / sound amazing :thumbsup:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I loaded the LTE/GYTR intake map as suggested and whilst the bike ran great (huge improvement over stock) the spark plug is as white as the day it was born so i take it she's running lean.

Could this rectified by adding fuel to the low/mid/high range as allowed for by the PCIII. If so should I start by increasing the fuel by one LED for each of the ranges and re-check the plug after a 10 min ride?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If replying to your own posts consitutes talking to yourself then I guess I may be going mad :eek:

Anyways got the custom tune and the results were interesting. What it showed was that the Dual LTE/Pro Intake/ K&N Filter/Lid off tune available on the Power Commander website was pretty close to being on the money.

The exceptions being that the power drops off a fair bit quicker and the AFR's are a bit dodgy in parts but all in all not to bad.

I know dyno's are just a tuning tool but for what it's worth the Tuner showed me a number of 700 maps and whilst some were close in respect to the curves/max HP none were better and most fell at least a couple of HP short.

Seat of pants the Bike is now just plain nasty :mad: :thumbsup:

Sorry if the pics are too big.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ive got just about the same mods comeing in the mail. Pm sent about custom map.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Did you dyno it on stock tires or dyno tires. I was the first one on here to get the duals dynod and i got 47 hp with stock tires and 51 with dyno tires. Just curious what it was with because i would like to buy your map and compare it to mine. you can see my dyno graph in the original dmc thread by superchargemyride. thanks jeremy just let me know about the map.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1WILDLX said:
Did you dyno it on stock tires or dyno tires. I was the first one on here to get the duals dynod and i got 47 hp with stock tires and 51 with dyno tires. Just curious what it was with because i would like to buy your map and compare it to mine. you can see my dyno graph in the original dmc thread by superchargemyride. thanks jeremy just let me know about the map.
Dyno'd on street tyres.

Re the Map, you offered to give me yours free of charge so I'll do the same.

In fact a couple of others have PM'd me re getting hold of a copy so when I get the chance over the next day or so I'll post it up for anyone that wants it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
103 Posts
forcefed said:
Well the go fast stuff just got delivered and I'm not booked in for a custom tune for a couple of weeks.

Should I hold off installing the gear or go ahead and try one of the PCIII off the shelf tunes beforehand and if so which tune should I use as there doesn't seem to be one for that combo at present.

Alternatively is there anyone with this setup running a tune they can send me ::)

Cheers :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: Cool Set up I've just got the same to a T..... :grin_nod: I'm waiting on mine to get Dynoed in 3 Weeks as they are fully booked , if ya can wait that long...Cause I'm peakin out ,lookin at my Twin pipes with NO Tune availavle from Supplier  :mad:

·
Registered
103 Posts
ForceFed are you a Perth Boy :3question:
:eek: Did you get them from FiveStar and I see you got Russel to tune it , I've heard his the best bike tuner in the State that why I've got to wait weeks :rocket:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oic10z said:
ForceFed are you a Perth Boy :3question:
:eek: Did you get them from FiveStar and I see you got Russel to tune it , I've heard his the best bike tuner in the State that why I've got to wait weeks :rocket:
Yes, Yes and Yes, Russel is worth the wait :thumbsup:

·
Registered
103 Posts
8) Would you be able to PM the Tune :help: Cause Long Week End on the next weekend and was ment to be going to Lano :3question:

Cheers Tyson

1 - 11 of 11 Posts