Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading threads in here for awhile and decided to finally get off my ass and register ::). This place has been a wealth of info so far, but now I am in need of some PCIII guidance.

I've seen quite a few threads about PCIII adjustment, but here's my issue: I have the following mods:

* Full HMF exhaust

* PRO-Design with K&N

* PCIII

* Pro-tec lid

I loaded the PCIII map for the full HMF, but the bike seems to still run lean. The header pipe glows red like a Christmas light at all times. I know they run hot (I have a Suzuki King Quad EFI that does the same thing with a Dobeck) but this is seems counter-intuitive to what the PCIII should help remedy.

This past weekend I saw another thing that concerned me. The bike is way too poppy and will almost backfire on deceleration. When my buddy was riding it this weekend, I saw blue flame come out the exhaust. The bike just seems out of tune for the map that should work with my mods.

Now, my question is about the manual buttons on the front of the PCIII. Can I use those to richen it up a few clicks or is that not really the intended purpose of those? I know putting it on the PC and/ or dyno is best, but the home PC is DOA and I don't have the $$$ for a dyno tune right now.

Any help is appreciated!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I believe that is the purpose. You can make gross adjustments in the field. Not at good as fine tuning the adjustments, but better then breaking your stuff. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do everyone else's head pipes glow that much? Mine are cherry red the whole time. That is with both the stock and HMF exhaust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.