Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so ever since installing my pcIII ive been getting popping when decel..is it because of too rich or too lean??? how can I correct this besides taking to a dyno(no one does atv's around here :mad:) Anyone with a map for this setup??? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Look in the 0% throttle column at the 1000 to 2000 rpm range. There should be numbers in that column, Try 4, 6, 8,8,6 or 2,4,6,6,4 See how that helps

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
I have the gytr pro full, pro design with k&n and I used the 2,4,6,6,4 in my 1000 to 2000 range at 0% and it fixed the problem. Thanks for the help, I was glad to get rid of that popping sound....it was pissing me off.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
No prob I had the same issue with the DR D exhaust. And it was just too lean in that range.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey I tried 24664 and it was pretty good till a little while ago and it started popping on every gear change and decellaration. And alot more than last time. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Try making the numbers slightly bigger and then slightly smaller and see if it helps at all. Also try checking yoour plug, change it and see how it runs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried different numbers and maps, but nothing. Question..I recently took it to the yamaha dealer to get the 1st service and after that its been doing the popping more and more. I was looking at it yesterday and when I rev it I see blue sparks coming from what looks like the pipe that goes to my muffler,could this be due to the dealer messing something up in there??? Valves maybee?? :help:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I doubt it... Too small of a clearance and as the engine warmed up, it would probably die completely as it wouldn't be able to build compression... to large of a clearance and you would have very low power, but it shouldn't backfire. Have you put in a new plug? These things are notorious for fouling plugs if they are shut off while the FI is still in a warm up (enrichen) mode. As far as the blue sparks, I'm not quite sure where you mean... they aren't coming from the exhaust tip itself?

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
Ok, like I said before I used the 24664 and it worked fine during the test run but after a little while on the trails the popping is back on every gear shift and when I let off the gas. Any ideas if I should go down with the numbers? Also this was the first trip with my mods (listed in sig) and only the second time I've had the bike out, last time was stock just to break it in. I'm going to try and contact power comander and see what they think. But let me know if you guys have found a fix for this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I finally figured out why it was popping...my header got bended from a previous wheelie that i flipped racing,i mean, smoking a ltr450,,,but yea its bended and i ordered a new header pipe so that should do,,so i guess instead of a slp on like i had, now its going to be a full system,,guess that worked out somehow. thanks for posts, oh i will post what happens when its installed on my bike.peace

1 - 10 of 10 Posts