Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Im new to this and I just have a few questions about how to re map fuel settings. I understand that when you up grade your exhaust to a full aftermarket system(HMF..or whatever) you need a device to re map your fuel. I was looking and I think that the PCIII seems to be the most popular. Does the pc3 work with all aftermarket systems??? Ive been looking on ebay for full systems and I noticed that in some cases they metion a Dobeck EFI Controller..is theis the same as the pc3 or am I way offline. Like I said Im new and I really hope that Im not bothering you guys. Also will the pc3 work with all systems?? Which one do you think would be the best...??? Thanx

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yes (in my opinion) the PCIII is the BEST... its is the most customizable (sp?) ah ah ha .... anyway.... and YES the PCIII will work for any full system.... there might not be an exact map from Dynojet for your modifications... but there will be one very close that will be fine to run.... ALSO you always have the option (after you get the PCIII) to take your bike a a place that has a DYNO machine and they can create you a custom made map for the PCIII that is tailored exactly for your bike and modifications...(costs anywhere from $100 to $300-depending on the dealer costs).... I would only recommend the PCIII.... and MOST of the guys on here would agree......

Most guys agree that the dobeck will work for bikes with only the "bolt-on" modifications... if you are ever going to do any mods to your engine then you will need/WANT the PCIII

(again all of this is my personal opinion)
Plattner

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx. When I get a bike im planning on only probably buying a Exhaust. I dont think I'll do much with the clutching or engine modifications. Also I think Im leaning toward a yoshimura system. So will the power commander 3 be best or a Yoshimura EMS PIM system?? Thanx again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think a made a mistake on my last post. What about this..a yoshimura EMS FIMAK (Fuel Injection Map Adjuster Kit). Would this be better??? Thanx again...and thanx fer the patience :help:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I to am thinking of doing this to man. I dont have any performance mods cause to me this whole fuel management thing is confusing and for some reason complicating...As soon as I can figure out how everything works I to want to pick up the full Yoshi set up. Let us know how you end up man cause I am in your same shoes.

Kyle

·
Registered
216 Posts
PCIII, exhaust and intake is all you need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.