Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to search for the answers first, but came up empty.

I have an 07 Raptor 700 with a Modquad intake, open top airbox and the GYTR full exhaust. I called dynojet and had them email me the best map files for my setup. The quad runs, but something is not quite right.

When in neutral, the quad idles well but the header pipes will begin to glow red. I called Dynojet and they said that was totally normal for 700 raptors. When I put it into gear, the idle jumps up a few hundred rpm. If I take put the trans back to neutral, the idle drops back to a reasonable level.

Its very easy to kill from a stop now and it will occasionally back fire through the intake. The off idle throttle response is poor. If I rev the engine without a load, it will backfire and miss at mid to high rpm.

Once moving, at low rpm the engine will miss and die easily. Moving at mid to high rpm, the engine responds well and the quad had unbelievable power and response.

Can anybody give me any input? I am seeing many odd traits here.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
What's your location?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Who's map you running?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I purchased the PCV from TechQuadShop. They loaded the PCV with the appropriate map file for me. My quad wouldnt even idle when with their map. I called Dynojet directly and they emailed me a new map file. That is what I am running now. Now that I think about it, they never asked where I was located or my elevation though.

I appreciate your help spider!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
That's what where here for bro. I miss Northern Cali, I got a big3 map but idk if it'd work for ya it's for FCI,DMC Force 4's
It's says barkers and no lid on the file though. All my other maps are big bore builds or big bore stroker builds. Have you contacted DL700 he's got a ton of maps being he's a tuner. I'll find that map I had and send it can't hurt. Somebody else chime in and help out here. Is your valves adjusted properly? Just a thought I'm sure they ain't that far outta wack. You know how to do the plug test?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apparently I am search challenged or just plain retarded. I cant seem to locate any thread detailing a sparkplug test.

I will have to resort to my distant childhood. Way back when... we used to check the mixture of our motorcycles by installing a clean plug and running the bike WFO (wide-f'ing-open) then killing the engine after running through several gears. We would coast to a stop then pull the plugs and see how they look. Would this antiquated test still apply? Just in case, I'll give it a try (my neighbors love me!!!!) I will report back in a bit.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Yep

1 - 8 of 8 Posts