Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a PCV from fuel Moto,at checkout they ask what mods I currently have because they offer free custom maps so I have it to them, Big gun evo r slip on, Pro design k&n filter kit, air box lid removed , upon delivery I hooked up the commander to PC to check the map and it indeed was a custom map made for my setup, took for a spin it felt smoother and no backfire or popping like before but now on deceleration it would shut off on me, should I look for a different map or make adjustments , getting it dyno”d right now is not an option for me thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven’t really looked that deep into it I was more concerned with checking to see if they even preloaded a custom map to begin with but I’m assuming there isn’t enough fuel and shuts off, someone did mention to fuel cut off might be too high in the deceleration? Not as knowledgeable as I would like to be unfortunately

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,603 Posts
What year is your 700?

·
10,603 Posts
I was thinking that you has a newer model with AES. I believe 418Stroker is thinking you need to add more fuel in 0%.

·
10,603 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Put 5% in the 0 column from 1500-3500 rpm as a starting point and see if it helps.
so it hasn’t shut off that’s a good thing but now it seems so much slower then before in 1s gear for some reason, doesn’t have that pull anymore

·
10,603 Posts
Put 5% in the 0 column from 1500-3500 rpm as a starting point and see if it helps.
so it hasn’t shut off that’s a good thing but now it seems so much slower then before in 1s gear for some reason, doesn’t have that pull anymore
What's your elevation?
Leave the extra 5% in at 1500-2500 and take the extra 5% out at 2500 3500. Add or subtract now to get it dialed in to your altitude and liking. Be sure to keep track of the changes and if they helped or not.
It almost sounds like your original map might be rich to be affected by that 5%.

As far as the EVO pipe, if it's not bigger then the stock there isn't much advantage. Best bang for your buck is a true dual exhaust system, front to back. Barkers BB, Monster BB and still DMC Force Four are the better ones. And, yes, they will cost you....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea duals are a bit out of my budget at the moment I just recently got the bike bought the power commander and got the slip on exhaust from a friend so I’m just trying to work with what I have, I forgot to mention today I installed a new spark plug not sure if that would have any effect on the bike feeling a big more sluggish in the early gears

Attachments

·
10,603 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea unfortunately I don’t have a laptop at the moment so I have to move my whole pc and monitor to the garage and do it that way, so I just set tps to spec save and transfer updated map correct ?

·
10,603 Posts
Yea unfortunately I don’t have a laptop at the moment so I have to move my whole pc and monitor to the garage and do it that way, so I just set tps to spec save and transfer updated map correct ?
Yes. Or move the bike inside, lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts