Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a set of shocks on E-bay. I was told that they were off a TRX450.They are triple rate shocks, bumpers look good,standard travel? They are 16 1\4" eye to eye and the top mount is 3\4 bottom is 1 1/8. He said they were set up for MX 190-225. They look good and had the shock covers with them. I took them all apart today and blasted the springs and powder coated them triple black. How do you think they would work on my Raptor? I did get them at Auction "E-Bay" for $227.00 + shipping Not bad?​
The reason I got them was because my brother want this shock back "the last pic" HaHa

Attachments

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I can't see the top of the bottle, but are those 8-click bottles? The shaft stroke on the Honda may be a bit different than the Raptor but I don't think it will be by much. If they're sprung 190-225 for a TRX450 than the springs will be softer on the Raptor, it's a heavier machine. You can order the proper upper/lower bushings from Baldwin.

My main concern would be the rebound. It's adjusted internal on that shock and may not give you a good feel as the front end on the TRX is alot lighter than the Raptors and MX set-ups tend to have a swift rebound.

All that aside, that's a good price for those shocks. You can send them off to a PEP shock builder/service center and they can adjust the rebound, re-valve them for your specific application, and re-spring them if necessary for less than the price to purchase them new considering the price you paid for them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts