Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

What would you guys suggest, the Ishocks with A-arm kit or the PEP suspension tripple rate shocks and lonestar a arms. Both shocks does not have rebound / compression dampening. the PEP does have a reservoir. Both combo`s costs about the same. It wil be mostly for desert racing, with a bit mx style jumping and racing. PEP / Lonestar have a good reputation with the national racers here in South Africa.

thanks!

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
PEP has an excellent reputation here in the states as does lonestar. The hydrodynamics ishock systems had some press but they don't sell well and they're not widely used so there's not much reputation at all.

If cost is close to the same, I'd go PEP/Lonestar over ishock in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love my lonestar a-arms and my elka shocks. but the elka's were $$$$

·
Registered
4 Posts
PEP all the way. Lonestar makes good a-arms as well, not as good as Laeger's, but good. PEP's are proven with many top racers here in the states, including Tim Farr, Jason Luburgh, Harold Goodman, Heather Byrd, Kory Ellis. Though lots of pros have switched to Ohlins, Fox and Noleen J6's this year.

PEP has quite a few options, including their Zero-Preload Shock line. Excellent shocks, but I would look into Laeger, Walsh or Houser a-arms.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Both the F-8 and P-51 i-shock shocks have adjustabl compression. The F-8 is piggy back rezzy and also has adjustable compression. The P-51 is no rezzy and only rebound ajustable. Remember PEP has a few different shock options available. Not sure what ones they are quoting you. The i-shock a-arms are every bit as good as Lonestar, Laeger and Houser standard travel a-arms. The i-shock also have a life time warrenty. IMO if you are spending the money i would go with the F-8 shock or the PEP. If you buy the i-shco through me i will have it the shocks setup to your rider specs.

WWW.FUELATV.COM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts