Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv been searching on ebay for some cheap mods since I installed my Dobeck. i was about to buy this Phoenix performance spark arrestor, and i was wondering if anyone has any information or feedback whatsoever on this product?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I got one. Where do you ride? In California, we have to have spark arrestors practically everywhere there are trails. I like the sound of the stock exhaust with the stock spark arrestor removed, its not as loud as most open pipes, and provides a slight power increase over plugged.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i ride in Alberta, Canada. is there a noticable difference in power when you put the phoenix spark arrestor in, compared to having no spark arrestor at all?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Where in Alberta Eh? FYI you technically are supposed to have a Sparky in Alberta.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Calgary. howbout you? are you in Canada?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I bought the Phoenix arrestor because I wanted to keep an arrestor in with little restriction. Its louder and has a richer sound than stock but its not as loud as no arrestor at all. Since I ride near town and wanted and arrestor to stay "legal" I tried it out. Seems to have the benefits of less restriction with the bonus of having a functional arrestor. The minor problem is the "legal" part. Its not USFS approved and the disclaimer says that its for competition use only, it probably really doesnt even matter though. If you're looking to keep an arrestor and get a little bit more out of the stock pipe then it seems to be a good alternative. Eventually I plan on buying a full pipe but this will hold me over until then. Machine maintainence and protection have more value right now.

·
Registered
767 Posts
gqstylez said:
Calgary. howbout you? are you in Canada?
Yes Calgary as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts