Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my bike after leaving it at T-Dub's Machine shop over night. I decided to go with +4 with tripple coated crome. i'll try to get a better picture of it tomorrow outside. It's hard to see but what do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
On my bike my t-dub swingarm The bolt for the rear shock was too long and couldn't tighten it to clamp it. Its tight to where it won't come undone its just a pivot point (hopefully) lol

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Raptorjunkyard said:
On my bike my t-dub swingarm The bolt for the rear shock was too long and couldn't tighten it to clamp it. Its tight to where it won't come undone its just a pivot point (hopefully) lol
Ya, when I picked up the quad Tony said he had replaced the stock bolt on the rear shock mount and a couple other bolts too. Junkyard, how does your +4 handle compared to stock? Yes I am counting the hours till I get to try my launches :) :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Haven't tried it in the Sand with my 734 build the difference on the street was outragous I mean it was night and day. Now the only problem is I haven't even tried it in the sand and my bike is in the shop for a +4 crank ...770 here we come. I seriously hope the swing arm is enough I would hate to go +6

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Raptorjunkyard said:
I believe you are right about the pivot point on the rear shock, it shouldn't clamp down tight. I am sure your new 770 build and stroked will build more power! Just how much will to be seen eh? I bet you will be OK, with the +4, I have read that guys are still using the +4 with These mods and Power, you might have to hang on a little tighter though :grin_nod:

·
GO BIG OR GO HOME
2,254 Posts
I just put my T-dub +4 on about a month ago and i tell you what a differance, night and day. I just have the big 3 and before i couldnt even keep that front end down or do any steep hill shots with out the front end coming up, i weight about 160. now theres nothing i cant go up, time will tell tho....

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Armety, Nice pics of your swingarm !! I like your blue carrier, Tony couldn't get the axles out of my carrier so I had to stay with the stock one. Someday I will have the axles pressed out and put a black carrier on. Do you have aftermarket foot pegs, Mine are just to short for cornering hard and leaning who makes longer ones? :help:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Those are stock pegs. I don't have my nerfs on right now so they look larger. If you heat the carrier with an oxy torch and use a mallet the bearings slide right off the axle. Usually, if you can't get it off, it's because you got moisture in it and you NEED to get it off, LOL.

I ride a lot of sand Onelunglow, however I do also ride a lot of trails. I have a skid plate in the beginning fab stages to match up to T-Dub swing arms. If it comes out well, I will post some pics and maybe try and help people get a hold of one :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.