Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a LT80 for my son for $175, it needs some work though. I picked it up from a guy that bought it to rebuild with his son but the kid got a gokart and never looked back, after 2 years of sitting in his shop he wanted it out of his way. The only thing he had done so far was cleaned the carb.

He said the previous owner let it sit outside for a year, everything on the outside of the motor is rusted but everything moves freely and engages the way it should. The motor has good compression and doesn't bind anywhere so I think I'm good there, just needs some TLC.

I know I need a stator, flywheel, starter, air filter, battery, brake lever. I may also need a key switch, it fell and I stepped on it. If anyone has any parts they want to sell let me know otherwise I'll just keep searching ebay.

I'm going to go ahead and replace the reeds when I put everything back together.

Some things I've heard about it replace the petcock with one from a Blaster. I'm also thinking of removing the oil pump, any thoughts, I have a Banshee so I already have to mix fuel. I just don't want it to fail and I hear they are expensive to replace, not to mention if I burn up the motor. ;)

If anyone can recommend any upgrades that would be great. I found a kit on ebay that converts the wheels to a 110 bolt pattern and I've also seen a 300ex front end conversion?

I've got the MOD Bug. :eek:8)

Thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
349 Posts
cool, I did the same with a LT50 for my son, now he is on a PW50.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey Chris let me know next time you find a cheap banshee

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
I wouldn't bother replacing any of those things, I'd try to run it 1st. far as ebay goes, buying part lots can be good. I had 3 LT80s. I don't really have much parts left. I have a big carb with custom v force type reed block that along with a nice pipe make an LT80 scream but the carb leaks so needs a float valve and maybe seat never really looked into it just turned my petcock off. I basically just ran my petcock on prime (constant on like a typical on off so doesn't need the vac as it does nothing but you can leave it attached that way)

a pipe from like trinity would be nice. boyesen reeds are a nice dual stage upgrade for like $20. I just ran a pod filter on mine, the stock jetting is way fat so you can lean it out plenty without rejetting. I think I sold all my parts at this point but I know I have a gas tank with petcock in one of my old parts piles. I've been thinking of takin it to the shooting range and hitting it with some 3" magnum 12ga 00 buckshot at 25 yards LOL but then I'd feel guilty and have to pick up the pieces. I'll think I may still have a small box of parts I'll go look thru it and let ya know...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Those are good machines, I used to fun ride around on one of them when i was 15. It would haul me around every thou i was was to big for it. Fun tight little machine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts