Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all and Happy New year early. On Wed, I will be picking up my new Raptor 700. I bought a leftover 06. I just sold my Honda TRX 450ER today, and went to the dealer and put money down on the Raptor. I did not like the power delivery of the Honda, so I decided to get a more controllable power..hopefully. I am to old and brittle, I dont heal like I used to. I love this forum, and enjoy reading all the opinions etc. Keep up the good work...I am sure at a later date, I will have questions..Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
You tell us how you didn't like the power delivery and then you tell us you're old and brittle and how you don't heal well?

Why switch subjects so quickly and randomly?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,480 Posts
Enjoy your new ride..... :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Enjoy..............I love mine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,678 Posts
Enjoy the rappy man. 8)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
Jeremy said:
You tell us how you didn't like the power delivery and then you tell us you're old and brittle and how you don't heal well?

Why switch subjects so quickly and randomly?

I understood what he was saying perfectly, of course I'm old and brittle and don't heal up as well as I used to either ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,119 Posts
bearmde said:
Greetings all and Happy New year early. On Wed, I will be picking up my new Raptor 700. I bought a leftover 06. I just sold my Honda TRX 450ER today, and went to the dealer and put money down on the Raptor. I did not like the power delivery of the Honda, so I decided to get a more controllable power..hopefully. I am to old and brittle, I dont heal like I used to. I love this forum, and enjoy reading all the opinions etc. Keep up the good work...I am sure at a later date, I will have questions..Thanks in advance.


You'll love the new 700R , it's a cadillac compared to the 450 class bikes and you don't have to twist it's tail to get it to go :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,480 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
bearmde said:
Greetings all and Happy New year early. On Wed, I will be picking up my new Raptor 700. I bought a leftover 06. I just sold my Honda TRX 450ER today, and went to the dealer and put money down on the Raptor. I did not like the power delivery of the Honda, so I decided to get a more controllable power..hopefully. I am to old and brittle, I dont heal like I used to. I love this forum, and enjoy reading all the opinions etc. Keep up the good work...I am sure at a later date, I will have questions..Thanks in advance.


You'll love the new 700R , it's a cadillac compared to the 450 class bikes and you don't have to twist it's tail to get it to go :thumbsup:
+1

Lots of power available !! 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I am old and brittle, but I aint stupid..I am anal when it comes to buying a large ticket item. The day that I rode the 450, I knew that it was not the machine for me. I have been on motorcycles and ATV's for over 35 years. I used to race in hare scrambles, enduros ...and of all things compete in trials. I have read, researched, questioned and re-questioned my decision to purchase a Raptor. Believe me the decision was not a quick one. Nothing about the Honda power delivery is bad, if that is the type of machine you prefer...but my style of riding is NOT suited for the Honda power delivery. The more tighter, technical and troublesome the trail is...the better for me.. It does not take any skill to push on the throttle and go fast down a corn field, or road....Anything can go fast and straight...the skill in riding is choosing the line, when to gas and brake, when to slow down and think it through before plunging in to the unknown.....I believe when all is said and done, I can have the ideal ride on a Raptor...we will see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Jeremy said:
You tell us how you didn't like the power delivery and then you tell us you're old and brittle and how you don't heal well?

Why switch subjects so quickly and randomly?
You're kidding, right? :3question:

He told us of his new choice, and wrote why.

The old ride was incompatible; it had hard to manage power, which can lead to injury, and he takes longer to heal at his age if injured. He hopes the Raptor will be more controllable, and less prone to causing, or potentially causing, any injuries.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
bearmde said:
The more tighter, technical and troublesome the trail is...the better for me..
Congrats, your research has paid off. The Raptor 700R is the best all around quad you can get on the market today......... :thumbsup:
With its low gearing, awesome torque, and EFI you almost can't kill this thing. Perfect for 3 T trails (tight, technical, troublesome) but its definately not limited to doing just one thing because its up for whatever you feel like doing.............doing it fast or slow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
yeah, you made a good choice reguardless. I am not old and brittle, AND was a yfz450 nut. I now own TWO 700's...haha.
There great machines. The 450 has a one track mind...MX Race!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Well, from one old and brittle oldster to another, I just got a 06 700 se for Christmas, well more like Thanksgiving, got paddles from Santa, I love my Raptor, we ride the dunes in Winchester bay and Florence, and the Raptor is really great on trails. It can go slow, or fast, fast, fast. I went from a 350 Warrior to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The bad thing..is I cant get to the dealership to pick it up till this Sat...and its suppose to turn colder than heck...by the time I get off of work...the dealership is closed...well they say good thing come to those who wait...so I am waiting till Sat..lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
I just bought my first Yami quad and I love this thing!! I also have an FX700 and a Predator but this Yami is quickly finding a way to my heart. I love the injection system for the climate changes, it seems spot on for my changes and the power delivery is saweet. :thumbsup:
I do think I'll have to get just a slightly taller set of rear tires so I can clear a few more obstacles.......
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top