Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had any bottom pics of the chassis/frame and swingarm skids installed on their bikes. Thanks.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I was wanting to see some pics also.... i just got done reading about wdy69 and his fuck up on his bike.... i have a-arm skids and engine skid... but i would like to get a swingarm skid.... which one do you all suggest? I heard some ppl say that for the swingarm skid, that the plastic one is the best bcs, when you hit something it will just bend back, where as the metal/aluminum ones will stay bent (maybe into your chain or something) and you have to keep bending them back.... what do you all think? ? ?

Plattner

·
Registered
534 Posts
I heard some ppl say that for the swingarm skid, that the plastic one is the best bcs, when you hit something it will just bend back, where as the metal/aluminum ones will stay bent (maybe into your chain or something) and you have to keep bending them back.... what do you all think? ? ?
Very good thoughts 8)
I may stay with the stock skid on the swingarm.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I ran with the plastic skid on my swingarm for a few rides and managed to ruin my rear brake rotor, rear sprocket and my rear sprocket hub. More then $100's later in repairs (that was used parts too) I got me a swingarm skid and will never look back. AZ is very rocky though but to me its the most important piece on my bike.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Gizmo said:
I was wondering if anyone had any bottom pics of the chassis/frame and swingarm skids installed on their bikes. Thanks.
Yes. I do somewhere on here. Pro Armor like my sig says.

Here it is:

If you use search and type in "well this sucks" you'll see a pic of where I had to notch the sides for my nerfs to clear.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the pics guys, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Here is one I used to show where I put the hole in my GYTR skid. Not ever sure who's bike it is. This pic shows GYTR skids.

·
Registered
350 Posts
pacanis said:
Gizmo said:
Yes. I do somewhere on here. Pro Armor like my sig says.

Here it is:

If you use search and type in "well this sucks" you'll see a pic of where I had to notch the sides for my nerfs to clear.

I had to do the same thing on my 660. The skid's are really high quality but are setup for non-nerf bikes, still its an easy easy fix!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a PRM 1/4 thick rear swing arm plate. works excellent, I have bashed it a few time and it has not moved.

·
Registered
596 Posts
i have the DG laser series on my swingarm. i recommend it. great craftsmanship, strong welds. heavy gauge. definatly a tough one to bend or break

·
Registered
118 Posts
i rode my 660 for 4 years w DG full skid, and Never hat a bend prob, the alum is soooo thick and bad ass I beat the crap out of them !! Best investment EVER!!!!!! I have pro armor on my 700 now

·
Registered
10 Posts
i put on the GYTR swingarm skid and after 1 day of riding, both sides were jammed up and one was pressed up against my chain/sprocket, and cracked both welds on the braces. i put the stock plastic one back on and haven't had a problem since, plastic bounces back, and if it doesn't it wont ruin anything.

·
Registered
596 Posts
i wouldnt trust that plastic one. talk to the guy who started this post. and i hit rock sticking out of the ground off a jump and ripped a big ass hole in it. go with the pro armor or dg. they wont fail ya

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got the full Pro Armor skids and the swingarm skid is 1/4 inch thick and i dont think i will be bending that any time soon. As far as the plastic one throw that away ASAP. Here is a shitty camera phone pic ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
they look good but im not a fan of full skid plate's

only one i like is under the motor and swing arm

·
Registered
405 Posts
Donnie221 said:
I got the full Pro Armor skids and the swingarm skid is 1/4 inch thick and i dont think i will be bending that any time soon. As far as the plastic one throw that away ASAP. Here is a shitty camera phone pic ;)
Hey another guy had proarmor and he had to cut or something to get the nerf bars on it. Do you know if you would have to cut if you actually buy the Proarmor nerfs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts