Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my replacement top clamp. This time it held up to 15ft/lbs of tightening torque, thank god. It looks great. I went with gold bars, not sure why, but I think it looks alright, it's different. I love how they feel when riding, much nicer setup then stock. God I love this bike. I went for a toot around the neighbourhood. Went to the park and did a few hot laps around the running track. I think it's a 1/4 mile. It's crushed limestone, hard packed. Can you say 4th gear power slides all the way around? wooooo! All the kiddies in the park were hanging their tongues out, so was I lol.

rap on!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Looks great, I like the gold too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a couple more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
looks good man.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Your quad looks awesome !! The only thing I would do is peel off the warning stickers on your front shocks, I did and then rubbed the rubber glue with my fingers, it came right off and looked perfect in black, like the stickers were never there. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
digitalhearing said:
Your quad looks awesome !! The only thing I would do is peel off the warning stickers on your front shocks, I did and then rubbed the rubber glue with my fingers, it came right off and looked perfect in black, like the stickers were never there. :thumbsup:
Actually it would look better without those silly reservoirs on there. I tell you what I trade you so it will look better lol :lol:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
That raptor is SICK looking bro. A few question, if you dont mind. how do you like the endurance. why didnt you get the vapor. last but not least. can you actually see the damn screen when you ride. does the sun glair on the screen making it to where you cant see it. thanks bro --WOODY--

·
Registered
394 Posts
Looks great, how difficult was it installing the Endurance? Roughly how long did it take? I'm thinking of buying the same one.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!

I got the Endurance because it was the only one I knew of at the time. Yamaha Canada sells it as part of their accessory offering for the Raptor. So when I got my bike, I had it included in my deal. The install is pretty straight forward. You take the wheel and hub off, mount the C shaped bracket, drill a clearance hole in the plastic rotor gaurd, replace one of the rotor mouting bolts with the magnet bolt, mount the sensor on the c bracket, run the cable up to the computer and that's pretty much it. So far it's been pretty good. I did have a problem with the original sensor cable. TT warrantied that, so, no big deal. I'm 6'4" tall so, I can see it perfectly. I would have probably gone with the Vapor had I known it was out there. Didn't find out until I joined this site. But, not a big deal. The endurance is a good unit and easy to use. I think it took me about three hours to install it originally. But that was because I took my time. I like to follow the instructions, use the proper torque settings etc. You can still mount it nicely without the dashboard setup. I posted some pics earlier showing my original mount on the stock plastic stem cover. You just drill two holes in the black cover and mount the endurance base to that. Works fine.

MK

·
Registered
767 Posts
Looks great Marcel! :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.