Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
engine temp, hour meter, speedo, tach, timer, clock all the things that will make you run into a tree if you are looking at it while riding. Built this myself. started out only with three rails for dirtbikes the modified it for a GSXR1000 and 750, now for the Rappy. gonna need a bigger one for the Sand Rail

Attachments

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
cooooooooooooool !! 8)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cut of a small piece of metel from an L bracket filed and sanded it so it smooth and looks good. (although noone will ever see it) drilled 4 small holes in it 2 for the vapor 2 for mounting mounted the vapor to the metal. Then cut two small knotches into the stock cover so that the metal would set flat then mounted it to the cover. it could be alot simpler though.

·
Registered
610 Posts
4syth1 said:
I cut of a small piece of metel from an L bracket filed and sanded it so it smooth and looks good. (although noone will ever see it) drilled 4 small holes in it 2 for the vapor 2 for mounting mounted the vapor to the metal. Then cut two small knotches into the stock cover so that the metal would set flat then mounted it to the cover. it could be alot simpler though.
Wow. Sounds hi-tech :thumbsup:
When I was waiting for a new handlebar bracket I had mine stuck right behind the gas cap with some good, 3M double stick tape. It didn't come loose, but wasn't as permanent a solution as your setup..... and you didn't have to shell out for the billet piece :thumbsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i always get asked what does the Red Bull do? i always reply "It gives me wings" the firs time i said that i followed up with a big jump (at croom, where i mostly ride every sunday) and damn near landed directly on the front bumper. i was shook for a moment but slowly came out of shell shock. anyways here the pic

Attachments

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
4syth1 said:
i always get asked what does the Red Bull do? i always reply "It gives me wings" the firs time i said that i followed up with a big jump (at croom, where i mostly ride every sunday) and damn near landed directly on the front bumper. i was shook for a moment but slowly came out of shell shock. anyways here the pic
awesome!!, i need some redbull!!> how come no one ever told me about this mod yet!!! holding out for yourselfs huh?!! jerks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
figured sense i onlt had the base level shocks the redbull would give me the same performance as the top of the line suspension. not yet scientificly proved. LOL :lol:

·
Registered
202 Posts
how much was that vapor? i want one

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
think i paid about $95.00. it took about 3 weeks for it to come in thought and my speedo sensor was cracked. I called trailtech about it, was transfered over to the warrenty section and was sent another sensor in about 3 days. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Great location and special mount for the Vapor! :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts