Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday I cut my front fenders and today I just got done with the rears. It took about 3 hours per set. It wasn't too hard but I wanted to try and get them even and smooth, and the smooth part took the time. We sanded with 150 grit then 300, and then ended up heating the edges with a lighter, but a small torch ended up being much more even. My son helped, he experimented on a piece that we cut off, and then did the quad. Let me know what you think. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
bike is looking good i like it gooud job man :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I think it looks awesome, wish I lived in an area with dunes..... 8)

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
im guessing you don't ride in mud, i would be covered if my fenders where that way :grin_nod: LOOKS GOOD

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
devildog_0431 said:
im guessing you don't ride in mud, i would be covered if my fenders where that way :grin_nod: LOOKS GOOD
+1

I get covered with the fenders as they come stock !! :grin_nod:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
digitalhearing said:
On Friday I cut my front fenders and today I just got done with the rears. It took about 3 hours per set. It wasn't too hard but I wanted to try and get them even and smooth, and the smooth part took the time. We sanded with 150 grit then 300, and then ended up heating the edges with a lighter, but a small torch ended up being much more even. My son helped, he experimented on a piece that we cut off, and then did the quad. Let me know what you think. ;)

Looks Great! Now she looks like a duner :thumbsup:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Looks Great !!
I would love to see some more pics from other angles.
I have come so close to doing this a million times but just cant bring myself to do it.
If I did it I would leave like 1" more in the rer and a 1/2 " more in the front.
But I think yours came out really nice.

How do you feel about having to give up the stock front lights ?
The shape of the lights is such a big part of what I love about the raptor.
I would hate to have to swith to the Trailtech lights bug eyed look.
Im going to try to come up with a way to make removeable fenders like the new Kawasaki 450.
I think have an idea of how to do it.

·
Registered
767 Posts
phuzz said:
Jeremy--

Is that a freakin' Vega in background on your sig pic?
I do beleive so, '77 maybe '78?

·
Registered
95 Posts
digitalhearing said:

I have the same quad and I think i'm gonna have nightmares.......I'm really looking forward to the end product. Hope it looks better than now!

This is just my opinion and I'm a newbie!

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the opinions on my fenders, I realize it's not for everyone and we SHOULD all have our own opinions. I only ride on the Sand Dunes here in Oregon. I am sure if I rode on dirt and mud I would not have cut the fenders(as much) :lol: If you have never ridden on the Sand dunes before, You HAVE TO ! It is the ultimate. Thanks again for your comments.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SUB454 said:
Looks sweet. I've got 4 weeks off from work(may10-june10),lets hook-up and go to Florence. Maybe we could get the other guys who live here in Oregon and Washington to go also.
Sub454, If you are riding in the Florence OR area during your time off, let me know and we could hook up and do some ride'n. The weather should be nice by then.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Looks like there is a shipping container back there too - Sealand?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts