Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just gonna put all the races in this one thread from now on so I don't clutter up the forum.

Here is the helmet cam video of Bradens last SX race. He allowed himself to be pushed out on the holeshot and let his nemesis on the DRR in front of him and wasn't able to get the lead back, but he made a last second push at the finish line and came very close to snatching first place. I still can't get him to down shift coming into the turns. lol.

Here's Braden coaching up his sister before her first race ever.

Braden clearing his favorite table top.

Coming real close on the finish line.

Braden doing the post race coaching. lol

Trophy time.

Braden and his sister.

Here are the current standings for our local AMA District 13 MX points for the 90cc production class.

Our next race is on the 17th for the local AMA District 13 MX race. Braden is currently in first place and this will be Shelbys first 50cc race, so it should be an exciting day for us.

Here are the 90cc points standings right now.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Great! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
That looks like a ton of fun! He'll be in the pro ranks in no time

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks. His wider A arms should be here this week and hopefully we can get the head work done at the end of the month.
I have some +2 Alba's on my YFZ and it's unreal how well it corners! He'll like that a lot!

·
GARAGE CULTURE
3,723 Posts
Its great of you to support your kids in the sport like you do. You will always be a hero to them.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks like a ton of fun! He'll be in the pro ranks in no time
Lol, that would be great, but as long as they are having fun, and not stuck on video games, it is worth every penny.
I have some +2 Alba's on my YFZ and it's unreal how well it corners! He'll like that a lot!
I hope so, we ordered forward 1" and +3" a arms, so hopefully it allows him to carry more speed comfortably in the corners.
Its great of you to support your kids in the sport like you do. You will always be a hero to them.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks. I hope so, and I hope they stick to it through their teen years to help keep them oit of trouble. Lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
Man!!!

That was a good race!!!.. Your kid is flyin!!! Only thing I see is coming out of the turns keeping the RPM's up.

Get some suspension and he's going around that DRR.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man!!!

That was a good race!!!.. Your kid is flyin!!! Only thing I see is coming out of the turns keeping the RPM's up.

Get some suspension and he's going around that DRR.
Thanks. It's always a nail biter between those two.
A arms should be here any day. Already got the stem and clamp. They are up 1" and +3", so they should make a considerable difference in stability.
Believe me, he hates watching the helmet cam videos with me after the race and I keep harping about his corner rpm. Lol but if he gets frustrated enough with losing, he will start doing it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All of our races down here in NC were cancelled due to rain, so we decided to drive up to Breezewood Proving Grounds in PA to hit up there outlaw race. On our way there we had a caliper lock up on the motorhome, so we were late getting to the track. we got there 20 mins before the first moto started, so the kids didn't get any practice in, and we have never been there before, so we were a little nervous. but it all turned out great and we had a lot of fun. Braden got 2nd in the 90-125cc class and Shelby got 5th in the 50-70cc class.

Here is Bradens helmet cam video.

Here are a few pictures.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Braden and a couple friends were in the most recent issue of Dirt Wheels magazine hammin it up in the letters section.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We finally had some great weather on a race weekend this past weekend. The bikes ran well and the kids had a blast. This was the first race on the +3 A arms and they def seemed to make Braden more comfortable. even though they are not long travel, he said the seemed to absorb landings better too.
Braden ended up coming in 2nd out of 4 kids in his class. Not too bad for having the least amount of HP in his class.

Here is a video of moto 1 I shot from my phone.

Here is the helmet cam video of the first lap of each of his 2 moto's.

Carrying the wheels on the launch!

Trying to keep up on the holeshot.

He was a little wore out after a long hot day of racing.

The kids were all proud of their hardware.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just noticed this thread. That was really fun to watch, thanks. How old is your daughter that's racing? Mine is 7 and I have a feeling she is going to be wanting to do this soon. I was letting her practice driving my Z400 last week. She sits on my lap and controls the clutch and throttle. I was surprised at how well she handled it. Only killed it once in about 20 attempts to stop and start.

I'm just gonna put all the races in this one thread from now on so I don't clutter up the forum.

Here is the helmet cam video of Bradens last SX race. He allowed himself to be pushed out on the holeshot and let his nemesis on the DRR in front of him and wasn't able to get the lead back, but he made a last second push at the finish line and came very close to snatching first place. I still can't get him to down shift coming into the turns. lol.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just noticed this thread. That was really fun to watch, thanks. How old is your daughter that's racing? Mine is 7 and I have a feeling she is going to be wanting to do this soon. I was letting her practice driving my Z400 last week. She sits on my lap and controls the clutch and throttle. I was surprised at how well she handled it. Only killed it once in about 20 attempts to stop and start.
Thanks. She just turned 7 in June. She races a 50cc DRR, and has a Honda 90 she rides for fun. She is just starting and she's still getting used to the 2 stroke cvt thing, but just having her want to be out there is a great step in the right direction.
her brother taught her how to drive his manual raptor 125 in about 30 seconds one day. Scared the crap out of me when I looked up and saw her riding it. Lol

·
Registered
610 Posts
Man I got much respect for you involving your kids in such events as these, Flat out awesome. Sponsorhouse/Hookit.com help out so many up and coming riders, I also noticed your girl had a Rath bumper on here quad Big thumbs up.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Very awesome!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Man I got much respect for you involving your kids in such events as these, Flat out awesome. Sponsorhouse/Hookit.com help out so many up and coming riders, I also noticed your girl had a Rath bumper on here quad Big thumbs up.
Thanks. I love it just as much as them. Lol I hope they stick to it through their teenage years to help them stay out of trouble too. Plus its great spending the whole weekend together as a family instead of my son locked in his room playing COD,and my daughter playing at the neighbors house.
Very awesome!
Thanks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Braden had another great weekend of racing. The weather was absolutely perfect, and the track was great. It's a very sandy track, so it gets pretty deep ruts in the tight turns,but he was able to make it through every one of them. He was riding even better this week than last week shifting more before the turns and leaning his little butt off through them. lol he ended up coming in 3rd in the first moto as along with the one boy that usually beats him, another very fast kid drove down all the way from Allentown PA to race this weekend. But in moto 2 Dylan, the boy that usually wins had the CVT rear its ugly head and caused him a DNF. The CVT is the biggest reason we don't race them. even when you maintain them regularly, they are still prone to failure. The Raptor may not be as fast, but they sure seem much less labor intensive. So Braden ended up finishing 2nd in moto 2, and 2nd over all.

Helmet cam of the 1st 2 laps of moto1.

Helmet cam of the 1st 2 laps of moto 2.

Phone cam of Moto 1

Phone cam of moto 2

Video my wife took from her camera.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the new motor from Jason at Precision Motorworx installed last week and were able to make it to SX on Saturday night to find out if the added power was enough to get in front of the 2 strokes.
It took Braden the practice session and then some to get used to the new power. He was holding back in moto 1 after clearing a jump he couldn't in the past and thought he was gonna go over the handlebars, but I told him landing on the back side down hill is where you are supposed to land. lol
He got the holeshot in moto 1 and was able to hold on to it for the win, but he was getting a lot of pressure from his nemesis on the DRR. But in moto 2 you could tell Braden was opening it up some more. He left the gate in moto 2 riding out a sweet wheelie and and kept putting more and more distance between himself and the rest of the racers. The one kid racing schoolboy class on the 250 that raced with them wasn't too far ahead of Braden either at the end of the 8 lap race.
Over all we are very happy with the driveability and extra power from the PMW engine package and can't wait to see how it fares at the next district race on the bigger MX tracks where he can open it up some more.

Here are a bunch of videos and pictures from Saturday night.

Phone video of moto 1

Phone video of moto 2

Front video of the 2 holeshots. Pay attention to his awesome ride out on the moto 2 holeshot.

Helmet cam of moto 1

Helmet cam of moto 2

A few pictures.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 60 Posts