Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. new to the site and have been readin up on the speed toggle.

wondering if i can get a picture posted from someone (that actually shows up) :lol:

need to know which wire is the one to disconnect/reroute/piggyback ect.

thanks!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nobody has got pictures? cmon old timers..ha

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
These were on a different thread, don't know what exactly you're looking for...

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool..for some reason those pictures didnt show up before in the other thread. so if you run a toggle switch to the bars or something...which wire is the one to piggyback into? or does it matter?

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Most say the white, I did the red (orange) I'm colorblind. It worked for me as far as shutting off the check engine light but I've not been up to top RPM's in 5th to see if it helps.
I've got my bike geared too tall right now with 22" tires. I'm back to original front sprocket and going back to original rear this weekend. I got 83.4 which is fast enough for me but I'll drop the rear to gain more torque on the bottom end and will likely have more snot on the top to get to the higher RPM's there. We'll see.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright ill give her a try and report back after this weekend....i DID unhook that plug all together and run her through the gears (tires off the ground) opened it up in 5th and holy sh!t. motor popped and missed and made all sorts of fuss. so i plugged it back in until i splice into just that ONE wire.

anyone have any ideas as to why it did this? ran fine when i plugged it back in and ran it through. just bounced off the rev limiter.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
No idea! It should act exactly the same at the top end of every gear with the speed sensor unplugged. Are you sure you got the right plug?

Attachments

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
sully, did you just then cut the wire and run straight thruogh the toggle? (I'm assuming?) or did you need extra wire to get it to that spot

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Krandall said:
sully, did you just then cut the wire and run straight thruogh the toggle? (I'm assuming?) or did you need extra wire to get it to that spot
I soldered about 18" of wire to each post on the toggle due to where I mounted the toggle. I also used heat-shrink and silicone to make it as waterproof as possible.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts