Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking into buying new handlebars and now I have a reason to do so. Rolled my quad today and one side of the bars is about 3 inches higher then the other side. Quad is fine besides the bars. Long story how it happened. Basically was riding the side of a very tall set of train tracks when all of a sudden the grade steepness got very steep. Started sliding sideways so I turned my bars to go down the hill and that was it...end over end over end and ultimately came to a stop on top of me. I bailed and rolled down the hill and yes the quad followed my path and found me. Pinned me underneath, thankfully I was with my buddy and he helped free me. Im alright and amazingly my quad is also. I just got done examining everything, still drives straight as an arrow. My acr graphics and housers are due to arrive this week, thank god they didnt experience the crash. Im fine also, leg is pretty sore and bruised and my arm is cut and swelling, ill live though. Thank god for helmets and my klim water bag on my back (padded my fall on a rock slide on my back)

So yah, new handlebars. Any aftermarket a direct bolt on that I can still use my parking brake? Or if I change size what all do I have to relocate or buy to make them compatible? Im reading past threads now on the issue.

The hill that I was riding sideways..(only way to get to the other side of the snowmobile trail) I fell from about 15 feet up past this photo. Not me in the picture.

my little cut (someone was looking over me)

3 inch Minus is what the rock is called to the left and right of train tracks op here. We mine alot of Iron Ore so we have train tracks everywhere. Some like these are built up about 20-30 feet to compensate for the terrain ahead. In my opinion im a very good rider with quick reaction time, this accident is out of character...Shit happens I guess

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Im very glad your ok! Sheesh man nice war tatoo right there...ouch lol...stitches? Concerning bars alot of bro's will chime in but TQSATV can answer that too and i would buy from them also, unless some good used ones are offered buy a bro...

Heres the link to their bars: http://www.tqsatv.com/products.php?cat=Handlebars

Hope this helps...it aint the perfect info but atleast its there for now. Still glad your ok...Nice war scar for sure...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea it's a pretty good slice, the skin that's up is about a quarter inch thick lol! My wife to be on July 2nd is a registered nurse so I'm sure when she gets home she will tell me stitches. It will have to wait until tomo or Monday because I'm working on my 12oz curls as I type this, to "ease the pain" of course

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a few slices out of the deal... You should see the rock, it turned to sand!! No big deal!! Hahaha

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Good thing your not jacked up, most likely the steerring stem is bent cause its crazy weak. I wouldn't be surprised if the bars weren't bent @ all and just the stem is
Yeah +1!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Speaking of +1...Houser or Lonestar?

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Good thing your not jacked up, most likely the steerring stem is bent cause its crazy weak. I wouldn't be surprised if the bars weren't bent @ all and just the stem is
+2 was gonna say the same thing! I've heard a lot of good things about Houser, no personal experience though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just going to buy brand new.. Will all my controls swap right over to my new set of bars if I go with 1 1/8???? Will I have to do any modifications to run fat bars?

·
Registered
749 Posts
wow! glad you and quad are both okay

you'll just need a clamp to run the 1 1/8 bars. the controls will swap over fine, because i believe the ends of the bars are stock size for that reason...so the controls fit.

i have the 1 1/8 trail tech x bars and the clamp/dash to fit the vapor computer. love the set up

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Just going to buy brand new.. Will all my controls swap right over to my new set of bars if I go with 1 1/8???? Will I have to do any modifications to run fat bars?
Only where the bars clamp to the stem is 1 1/18 then they taper back up to normal size just like your stock 7/8 size. The only thing you need is when you buy a new stem is to order the 1 1/8 clamp with the stem

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its a custom skin for my iphone, my daughter is on it. Didnt feel like putting her on blast on the forum...

I appreciate it. Thats a nice setup. Im worried about my key though. I wonder if I will be able to keep it where its at or wtf do I do with it

·
Registered
749 Posts
the set up i have the key is right by the gas cap. there is a built in keyholder. you can kind of see it....there is a blue yamaha keychain attached you can see a little. that's one of the reasons i chose this set up

·
"Sand Hustler"
1,644 Posts
Its a custom skin for my iphone, my daughter is on it. Didnt feel like putting her on blast on the forum...

I appreciate it. Thats a nice setup. Im worried about my key though. I wonder if I will be able to keep it where its at or wtf do I do with it
I think you can get a key plate that bolts to the stem/bar mount.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Or you could also get the reverse knob and key relocator along with your bars n risers. That's what I did!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts