Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up some 30 pilots and at a quick glance the look the same as my 25's but when I look closely they are different. The nozzle end (the part with the holes drilled in the sides) is bigger on the 25's. Does this matter or was I given the wrong type of jet? All the other dimensions are the same. They all have the same square stamped on in front of the number. The 25 has a line around it too and the 30's don't.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I just picked up some 30 pilots and at a quick glance the look the same as my 25's but when I look closely they are different. The nozzle end (the part with the holes drilled in the sides) is bigger on the 25's. Does this matter or was I given the wrong type of jet? All the other dimensions are the same. They all have the same square stamped on in front of the number. The 25 has a line around it too and the 30's don't.
Why do you want #30 pilots, these are huge, mostly everyone uses a #25, 22.5 is stock and too lean, and on the rare occassion I have seen 27.5 used...........

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 27.5's in now and I have to turn out my screws 4 turns or more to make it run right. I thought they might be dirty at first so I cleaned them and it still does it.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I used 27.5's with my 720 before I got my FCR's. 30's pretty damn big on a stock engine, especially if we're talking about a simple slip on and proflow.

Are you sure they gave you 30's ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they did give me 30's. im a little behind on my sig. i have a 720 stroker now with a pro curcuit head pipe. i worked up to 175/180 mains and its working great up top. When i start it up the head pipe turns red right away and when i shoot it with my temp gun its at 400f where it comes out of the head. if i turn my fuel screws out 4.5 turn the red goes away and it cools down.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Okay, this sounds totally different now, maybe you are good with a set of 30s...........

·
Registered
298 Posts
What should the exhaust temp be at the head?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts