Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I just cleaned my carb and started with my pilot screw at 2 turns out. My quad runs good at rpm but has a miss at idle and when I shut it off I get a backfire from the exhaust. Also if I choke it the rpms go up very fast. Just curious if anyone has an idea of what direction I need to turn my pilot or if my problem could be something else. Thanks in advance.

Don.

·
Registered
229 Posts
i am having a similar issue. I bought a rebuild kit for the carb (new jets springs etc) and got a new plug. hopefully this will fix the issue. Seemed like it was running too lean at idle and to rich anywhere else. check your plug and see where your at you may want to make sure the jets were cleaned well. turning in will lean the air/fuel.

·
Master of the Electron
15,550 Posts
YOu're too lean at idle - turn the pilot (idle fuel) screw out (CCW) another 1/4 to 1/2 turn.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hey all. I just cleaned my carb and started with my pilot screw at 2 turns out. My quad runs good at rpm but has a miss at idle and when I shut it off I get a backfire from the exhaust. Also if I choke it the rpms go up very fast. Just curious if anyone has an idea of what direction I need to turn my pilot or if my problem could be something else. Thanks in advance.

Don.
It still sounds like you have a dirty pilot jet to me.....................:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had the same issue's with running rich. I tore apart my carb and cleaned the P1$$ out of all the jets and everything else. I adjusted my fuel/air screw 2 1/2 turns like i was told and it still seems to run a little rich and it backfires through the car. Everything fuel wise has been cleaned thoroughly. Gastank/petcock/carb. I'm still have no idea if taking out the baffle in the exhaust is causing this? I'm not even sure if it has stock jets in the carb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts