Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any thoughts? Need to upgrade the entire rear end..thinking dura-blues. Not sure what to get. I'd really like to get their swingarm/carrier/axle/axle accessories etc. And then move on to the front end with their stuff. But I'm not sure about the actual performance-vs-reliability between the pin-drive and the spline axle. I know the pin-drive cost considerably more, but race parts usually do...does "race" mean I can only run it a few times here and there, or can I beat on it like I do now? Dura blue says if the hubs comes loose due to the pinholes going out of round ya need to buy new ones, but what really are the chances of that? I'm thinkin a duner would benefit, but a rock crawler might want to keep the splines?

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
I have heard good things about the plastic skid plates, though I wouldn't go rock crawling with them. I am not aware of them making an actual swingarm though.

The Durablue Eliminator axle is a good unit, and uses the stock splines. But if you're concerned about durability I would spend similar dollars on the RPM Dominator axles.

The X33 pin drive saves weight, and yes the cast hubs will fall out of round. You need the billet ones. My X33 is older than my 660, I bought it used and the cast hubs wore out shortly after I got them. Replaced them with the billet hubs and kept them tight and haven't had any problems for something like 8 years now. It's not as strong as other alternatives because it is hollow (hence the weight savings) and it wouldn't be my choice for XC or MX racing but I have had a few X33's pass my way through the years and I have never bent one.

My suggestion, get the RPM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.