Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to installing my piston today, I had about a gallon of gas in the tank and filled up with 91 but I am still pinging in the upper rpm's. I am wondering if I could add a lil bit of E85 to bring up the octane so I don't have to waste the fuel I just put in the bike. Right now it doesn't do it except when im at WOT. Just trying to think outside the box I know it will be a little leaner but my map is prob rich now anyways so that might not be a bad thing. What do you think?

·
Registered
435 Posts
wouldnt e-85 lower the octane...thats for those fuel efficeint cars right?How about some octane booster or something along those lines?

·
Registered
52 Posts
wouldnt e-85 lower the octane...thats for those fuel efficeint cars right?How about some octane booster or something along those lines?
Ethanol, or E-100 has an octane of 113. E-85 has around 96 to 100 octane rating.

You can add some ethanol and it will bring up your octane but you need to find out what your target rating should be.

If you run it long enough without the proper fuel you can detonate the piston and blow a hole in it. It happens alot with two strokes with high compression engines and old fuel.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the math and the mix that is in it right now is about 89 and several people have said that they run 91 with no problems so I need to be around there. Tonight I went to Wal Mart and got a bottle of octane booster to see if that will help. Im sure changing the cam would help, but going to school for the last 9 months has make me broke and the funds are just not there right now hopefully I get a job next week and things can go back to normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts