Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just figured i would share this, in case anybody else was considering it. I was surfn ebay last week and i ended up winning a 10.75.1 vertex piston ,stage 1a hotcam and all the gaskets for 100 dollars, all brand new stuff. Only reason i bought it because i got such a good deal.Got it installed today, broke it in ,everything went right. I cant believe how much it woke the quad up, it made a big difference in acceleration that my kid and i can both notice. It also has a louder bark to the exhaust, sounds a lot meaner. Going to play with the jetting more tomorrow. I put a 170 main in place of the 165 i had when i did the install, sputters a little at full throttle at high rpm, might be running too rich. Hopefully i will have it fully dialed in tomorrow. So if anybody is considering a piston and cam upgrade, it is a great choice!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before the piston and cam, it had a full CT racing exhaust ,a velocity intake, and a dynatek cdi box. Those mods all helped, but the piston and cam i feel had more gain than all the other mods i did to it. I ended up running a 175 main jet in the stock carb. Thing runs very nice.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thank you very much for sharing with us! I might go ahead and do that for the 2012 racing season...

Any clue on the HP/TQ it's makin?

·
Registered
13 Posts
sounds like a healthy comb, i think im gunna pick up one of those ct exhuasts soon. might have to also pick up a cam and piston. what octane are you using with that change in compression?

·
Registered
147 Posts
sounds like a healthy comb, i think im gunna pick up one of those ct exhuasts soon. might have to also pick up a cam and piston. what octane are you using with that change in compression?
That's what I just started wondering... All we have around here is pump gas... :(

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just figured i would share this, in case anybody else was considering it. I was surfn ebay last week and i ended up winning a 10.75.1 vertex piston ,stage 1a hotcam and all the gaskets for 100 dollars, all brand new stuff. Only reason i bought it because i got such a good deal.Got it installed today, broke it in ,everything went right. I cant believe how much it woke the quad up, it made a big difference in acceleration that my kid and i can both notice. It also has a louder bark to the exhaust, sounds a lot meaner. Going to play with the jetting more tomorrow. I put a 170 main in place of the 165 i had when i did the install, sputters a little at full throttle at high rpm, might be running too rich. Hopefully i will have it fully dialed in tomorrow. So if anybody is considering a piston and cam upgrade, it is a great choice!!
Was the place on ebay that you bought it from a store? Or a personal seller?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was the place on ebay that you bought it from a store? Or a personal seller?
It was a personal seller on ebay, I got very lucky winning the stuff for 100 dollars. Dont know why he was selling it cheap and I didnt ask, I just jumped on it. To answer the other questions, its a 10.75.1 compression piston, runs fine on pump gas. I dont know how far I will take this quad, my kid is gonna be 15 this december, and his riding skills are always improving. He is short for his age, so the machine still fits him, but im sure within a couple years he will be ready for a 450. Might do some more motor mods to it next spring, just have to see how things go i guess

·
Registered
147 Posts
It was a personal seller on ebay, I got very lucky winning the stuff for 100 dollars. Dont know why he was selling it cheap and I didnt ask, I just jumped on it. To answer the other questions, its a 10.75.1 compression piston, runs fine on pump gas. I dont know how far I will take this quad, my kid is gonna be 15 this december, and his riding skills are always improving. He is short for his age, so the machine still fits him, but im sure within a couple years he will be ready for a 450. Might do some more motor mods to it next spring, just have to see how things go i guess
I'm thinkin about moving up onto a 450 but still racing the Mini Quad (250cc and below) and the Quad C (300cc and up), but what sucks is that we wants a fuel injected 450 but can't afford a YFZr or a YFZx :mad: so we might just have to go to the '08 Suzuki LT-r 450 Quadracer... :'(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has any one put some different compression like 9:5:1,10:5:1,13:1 on raptor 250 and what they feel like when after all been setup in right position of engines and what kind fuel to put in as Ive only got stock engine with stock carby and lexx mxe with FMF header and all sudden that need Jet kit it by next few weeks and just waiting on my new tires to be arrived cheers hope you enjoy in quad and he safe from coronavirus and hopefuly hear you all again when things are getting better

1 - 11 of 11 Posts