Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:unsure:. Hey guys, Did a search but couldn't find any info as to what kinda results were found. Been thinking later in the summer about getting 11.1. je piston and the x1 cam no porting and was wondering what kind gain can I expect. Is it going to b wow or ehhhhhh??? :3question: I woods ride and really just want awesome grunt.

·
Registered
120 Posts
yeah im wondering myself if the power increase will be VERY noticeable or will it be just ehhh....

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've already done the biggest part of the big three as well as the 15t cog. Still waiting on exhaust right now. But even with just the stocker unpluged it does pretty good. Right now I know it's running rich because my pc111 is programed for dmc duals. As soon as I get everything on I'm gona see how she does then. You know how it is though already thinking more power. 8) :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I just did the 12-1 piston, oversided 734, web 3 cam and porting, through Rocket Factory, I have only had it out once (and it was pouring rain). I noticed the power difference for sure. It felt kind of like when I went from stock exhaust to the LTE's. I would suggest this setup to anyone who wants the extra power, it bolts on without getting deep into the case too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ice4me. Web does have 3 cam out. stage 1-3. I dont know the specs and havent seen them posted yet. But I do have a friend that has bought the stage 2 and their springs. He has not installed it yet.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have never been a fan of hot cams. I think either web or mega cylce.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Ice4me said:
You should also suggest to give lots of money to have it done. I asked this in another post but basically I want to know the same thing as the thread starter. I plan on getting 11:1 piston, cams, and duals. What cams should I go with. I dont think the specs for web cam is there.

http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=11557.0
I thought it goes without saying that getting extra horsepower costs extra money ?? :confused:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I'm a thinking with just a 11.1 cp piston (per recomendation) and a drop in x1 cam it should be mid 50s which would be more than enough for the rideing I do. :thumbsup: sounds like a plan later in the year. Or should I do it now while the bore is still fresh :unsure::3question:

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Oh you are definately going to want to do it NOW, i dont' know if it is better on a "fresh bore" or not but I Do know you will want the extra power in the spring when the weather starts getting nice. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your probably right. Maybe if I can kick out a couple more side jobs I'll go ahead and do it. :thumbsup: 8)

·
Registered
120 Posts
where is everyone getting their piston and cams from? who has the best price ?

·
Registered
305 Posts
rockinfigs said:
where is everyone getting their piston and cams from? who has the best price ?
Different people carry different brands. Are you looking for stock bore, Je pistons? Or are you talking about machineing the cylinder for big bore? Are you talking stage one cam and stock springs or Stage 2 and having springs and retainers done? I know the JE pistons or any size bore you can find just about anywhere including ebay.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.