·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I originally was gnna do just a 720
Kenz 13.5:1 piston.

But been thinking y not do a 762 lol
I know I may run into so head gasket issues but

My question is if I get it bored out to fit the 105mm piston. And run into head gasket and relibality issues and wanna drop down to a 102mm
Will I have to get a new head or will a 102mm work even tho I got it bored for a 105mm

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
105mm if the surface is prepped right it shouldn't have any issues if you have head studs. The cost of a 105mm is alot higher though due to labor from boaring the cases and buying and installing a larger sleeve for the cylinder. I would think it will be easily a few hundred more in machining labor. If your having someone build it I'm sure it will be even more work then that.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well with the help of dog even tho he has turned to the dark side of the 700s club he is still helping me a lot with my build
Gonna go with the 105mm and get some KMS head studs

Now question is where the hell do I get the bigger sleeve for the piston

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's crazy everywhere I look its the stock bored sleeves the only 105mm sleeves I can find are in kits

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would have to recommend Advanced Sleeve too. It is the one stop shop with ok prices. The sleeves i think are thicker. Plus they can install your sleeve and bore your cases. And since they are partnered with Cometic you can get your gaskets at the same time. If I recall correctly it was $90 for the sleeve $170 to install the sleeve and bore and hone it for my piston, and like $75 to bore the cases.

Justin :)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Well I originally was gnna do just a 720
Kenz 13.5:1 piston.

But been thinking y not do a 762 lol
I know I may run into so head gasket issues but

My question is if I get it bored out to fit the 105mm piston. And run into head gasket and relibality issues and wanna drop down to a 102mm
Will I have to get a new head or will a 102mm work even tho I got it bored for a 105mm
The cases need to be bored to the larger diameter sleeve dimensions also............

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
LA Sleeves has a 105mm bore sleeve it is part #YA7018B

If you cant get that one, you can use a stock Raptor 700 sleeve and bore it too the 105mm bore, it's part # is YA 5609............, it is cheaper but needs to be bored out more.............

Advanced Sleeve has one also. Part# 3540FA

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Holy crap thank you so much Willy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts