Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to put in a high comp piston. While I was there, I figured I would port and polish and install a hc3 and dynatek ignition. I planned on the tech 11.5 piston but they are out of stock. I need to get my quad up and running soon to break it in before our next dune trip. My question is, is there a comparable piston to the 11.5 that I can run on pump gas with similar results. On top of the other mods I have barkers duals, pcv, pro flo intake. From what I have read, the 12.1 piston is boarderline on running with pumpgas. My buddy has one in his 700 with similar mods and hasent had any issues.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Sounds like you answered your own question then. Be careful with ignition curve choices though as you don't want to get too much advance and start detonation.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also decided to put on the fci intake and have the +3 tb. What the hell its only money. I ride from sea level to 4400ft. Think I will be ok with the 12.1 piston and what is the best brand. Cp? I have allways ran wisco in my other machines. Looks like everyone here is a fan of Cp.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If its a non corrected deck height piston chances are (if its a 12.1) it will run in the hole and be somewhere in the 11's true compression ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
cp's are corrected. If your worried about it just buy an 11:1. Worse case scenario with the 12:1 is you'll have to mix a gallon of 110 with 4 gallons of 93.

·
Registered
555 Posts
All the CP shelf pistons are now built using corrected height pin locations. If you have access to race fuel you could mix but if your running at the higher alts you should be okay. Just pay close attention for detonation and don't cheat with ignition advance.

OR
- just run the 11:1 CP and forget about it
- wait for the TQS Tech piston to get in stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts