Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
piston1.jpg

piston2.jpg

This is what my piston looked like when I took the motor apart. Part of it wedged in the oil pump and cracked it and another piece was by the clutch basket. Motor wasn't making any noise but it was starting to smoke...

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Wow. Probably was getting some piston slop and slapped around a bit.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Do you need another stock piston lol I'll give ya a good deal;) but from the looks of it youll need a bore to, I'm guessing anyway

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dog86, a stock piston will not be needed but thanks anyway. I've had these parts in my garage to do this 719 for over a year and I am finally getting off my lazy a** to get it done. I had no clue the piston was even messed up. I lost to a 450 the other week and it got me motivated to get working... :)

·
VALVE DROPPER
940 Posts
I've got a stock piston that I'll pay you to take.... LOL...

Good luck with the new build...

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
The oil mod will help with that problem with what you see hear with that type of piston failure........

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The build shouldn't take me that much longer. Just waiting on oil pump, clutch and doing willys oil mod. Thats all that is left for the motor. The a arms should be showing up tomorrow along with brake lines and lastly is extending the stock swingarm. 2 weeks at the latest I hope to be riding.

·
Registered
521 Posts
willys oil mod?
leak to it?
homage to willy by ending this post with...........

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Subscribed, I too want to know about this "Willy's oil mod" you speak of.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not to be rude sounding but that is something that you need to ask willy.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Oh, no worries, I will do so, I just figure that Willy being the helpful person he is would probably chime in here sometime and either explain what it is or point us to a link on where to find it. I couldn't find one myself. If he would prefer we contact him about it, that's not an issue either.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Oh, no worries, I will do so, I just figure that Willy being the helpful person he is would probably chime in here sometime and either explain what it is or point us to a link on where to find it. I couldn't find one myself. If he would prefer we contact him about it, that's not an issue either.
The oil mod is free for the asking, but you must PM me..............:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts