Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the cp 11.1 piston and i understand which ring goes in each groove, but the service manual is hard to read where each end gap goes. Is there another source that would show the end gap location of each ring? Or does anyone have a picture? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im trying to figure out where they line up in relation to the exhaust markings. The manual shows where they should be but the picture sucks.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Ok I re-read and think that is what your asking. Where in the cylinder to line up the gaps at. It doesnt really matter because they will move anyways but I stagger them. So I would do 12 oclock position, 3 oclock position 6 oclock position

Hope that helps

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where should each ring end gap be positioned on the piston? Example: oil ring in the 12oclock position, top ring in the 6 oclock postion ect.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what i was looking for. Ididnt know how important it is for proper oiling and compression

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks alot! Whats recommended for break-in, how long and how easy?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whats everyone using for deglazing the cylinder? I was thinking like a red or green scotchpad.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
Whats everyone using for deglazing the cylinder? I was thinking like a red or green scotchpad.
scotchbrite pad, dish soap, and elbow grease. as far as break in, ride it exactly the way you normally would. your rings only seat once, you want them todo so at your normal operating temp...imo

and DO full throttle...............anything happens you did something wrong...

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Brakecleaner and green scotchbrite to deglaze the cylinder. Dont use a hone, the factory coating is thiiiiinn.
I didn't know the 700 cylinder was nikasil, I use the ball hone on the 660 cylinder that has a cast sleeve....but in retrospect, I believe my LTR450 cylinder which was bored and coated by Millennium was deglazed on the Sunnen hone machine when I lost my tranny and had to rebuild and it sealed up tight and is faster than ever.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts