Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have a pit bike I'm looking into getting one (Yamaha preferably), but I want modification potential. :unsure:

·
Registered
41 Posts
when you say pit bike you want auto or manual?

if your looking for auto.

crf 50 or crf 70. plenty of mods. search bbr.

if your looking man.

sdg 110. has plenty to pull ya around. 110cc. plenty of aftermarket.

there addictive. let me tell ya . and its not hard to drop a few grand in one b4 you know it..

if your taller then 5'10" let me suggest one thing. joker risers.. raise the bars and forward 2 inchs up and out.

any more questions feel free

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
webb429 said:
kx 60 or 65 :thumbsup:
dam man why not just tell him to get a yz 80/85 or a 125 lol

seems to me man everyone is getting the crf 50 and making them liek 125s or just getting the yamah ttr 125's :thumbsup:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm 6' 4'' 190 so I need something decent. Thanks for the pointers and warning. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
are you looking for something to play around on or what? are you wanting to race pit bike class or just play.. ride wheelies.?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Play, ride wheelies, jump a little, chase the kids. Sh*t like that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
any kind of jumping will end in a taco frame. unless you drop some major coin on a bbr frame or go with a bigger bike.

im 6'4" 300 lbs and i can ride my boys crf fiddy all day long.

as for riding wheelies. chasing kids. and just having fun. honda crf 50 is a fun lil toy for around 1200.

top speed is around 32 mph.
like i said with joker big bar risers are the greatest thing ever.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet thanks. I was thinkin 50 just cuz I can do a lot to it. Thanks man, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
the 50 craze went huge out here after "50 nuts" was released. great videos..
3 of my friends bought honda 50's and 1 bought a that sdg110, and the 110 was way more comfy, and has a clutch, they added handle bars to the 50's and they made a huge difference, make sure you watch 50nuts... awesome video..so many aftermarkets for those little bikes , and they get real pricy like he said,.. you can drop a few grand and not even be done!!,... either way they are fun, i ate it pretty hard once,..

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i would get the honda 50, it will last for eeeevverrr. and the sdg who knows how long that will last. i'm like 260 and i got pulled over on pismo beach doing 30...and that was maxed out.... still went up some big hills over at A street in lake parris..

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awsome, is the sdg 110 faster and the same frame size?

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
it is faster, that's forsure, but it should be, it's a 110 w/ 4speed clutch, compared to a 50cc 3 speed auto, frame i think is the same cuz they put out body graphic kits that fit the 50/ and sdg... if you don't want to put $ into it after you buy it, then get the sdg, cuz it's got all the parts you were going to put on the honda 50,but it will never be a honda, they have 107 110 and 125 i think...my buddy has the sdg maybe he will sell it, i know he never uses it...ill ask and see what he says....shpping might be alot for something like that..

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shipping?? I live just down the street (high desert) :lol:. I have family off Kramer/Glassel. Its cool though I think I'm gonna go with the 50 and do a couple things to it myself. Thanks for your insight man. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
fuck yeah, whats up local!!! what city you in? high desert? is that riverside county or something.. , get the 50 you'll like it better... i was riding the sdg and the throttle came apart on me in mid punch....it just felt cheap...i'm sure it's not to bad, but i would rather have a honda over it..

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
by the way, have you seen "50 nuts 1 & 2"...?? :3question:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i bet you live in APPLE VALLEY !!, ahaha i seen it on the other thread.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
San Bernadino County between you and Vegas near Barstow, I live in Hesperia. My nefew is getting a 90 for Christmas and the 700 is way too much to ride trails with him so a 50 with an exhaust and bars would be cool for me. 8)

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
DJG21 said:
San Bernadino County between you and Vegas near Barstow, I live in Hesperia. My nefew is getting a 90 for Christmas and the 700 is way too much to ride trails with him so a 50 with an exhaust and bars would be cool for me. 8)
hesperia!!, my very 1st day riding i went to hesperia , i think it was stoddard wells road, and we went all the way down and were right before the city of hesperia , and we were there for like 30 min and got pulled over, said "ride where you like, loose your bike". then we left after that, then ended up the next day same exit,but right next to the freeway on some trails...,..if your going to be following around a little 90 on trails or just for fun, then i dont' know if you'll want a 50, even with bars,...i rode one with bars at "A st" in parris,and it killed my legs, they were so cramped after 1 hr,...i would get a little 80 or 90 like his, more room for you legs to streatch, but if you don't plan on more than 1 hr at a time, a 50 will be chill......

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sweet thanks. If you ever wanna taste some "legal" trails up here hit me up on here. I ride atleast a couple weekends a month. (fall through spring)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts