Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I've been reading on here and different places about this sub frame. A friend of mine destroyed his this winter and is looking at replacements and when I talked to him about aftermarket frames he asked that I look it up for him (he's not very computer-friendly).

So I read pretty much every post mentioning it on here and everyone is like yeah it looks good, I hear it's good, I heard good things.. but it seems nobody has one and can actually give first hand impressions. Does anyone actually use it?

From what I understand it's much sturdier than stock, which is what my friend is looking for. Then again, I hear it's heavier but I have seen no reference to how much heavier it is... Are we talking 1-2 pounds, or 15-20 pounds? Looking at it I'm guessing it's a small difference, but still, I'd like to know.

What else is there to know about these sub frames? Is e-bay the only place to get them? There is no "buy now" option and my friend is ready to make a move.

Any info would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
They are alot stronger QC someone on here has one i saw him talk about it. Your friend rather have the sub frame bend or the sub and frame its attached too bend. Hes got to think about that... Just read also pit vipers arent that great quality wise. Lots of bad spot welds and unfilled cracks...I would think twice...

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I trashed my sub frame and replaced it with a stock one for about $100. Id rather have the sub frame bend than the main frame.
Well I looked around and all I can find is 275$+ for these damn subframes. I can get a new one for about that at the dealer. If anyone is selling one for 100$ I'm sure my buddy would think twice.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Damn man i cant find any that cheap! Maybe check the part out 700's. They might sell you the subframe...

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
They have ATV junk yards.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Ya but usually subframes have been rolled and crapped out pretty bad!!!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well either way, my friend pulled the trigger on the Pit Viper. I'll let you guys know how it goes when we've crash tested it :)

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Sheesh those french people are crazy! Hey wait a minute...LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts