Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to get some more places to ride.I live in West Deer township.I have alot of places to ride around here but am looking for some different places to ride. let me know

·
Registered
66 Posts
come to colorado and i will take u riding on some nice trails

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'm in Pittsburgh also. About the only "good" plase is wellsville. Its closing at the end on this year due to another fucking coal company buying the property. We are also looking for places to ride. Ever go to Slirrery Rock dunes? Kinda beat but not a bad time. They have a decent track and a woods run thats a few miles long. Flat track racing too.

·
Registered
657 Posts
fullthrottleSE said:
Slippery Rock is a pretty nice place to ride.
They just charge way too much. Those people are outta their mind. They need to get rid of the 1/4 mile sand track and make an MX style track there. They need some doubles and nice table tops. The other track is ok at best. All the jumps have no room for acceleration and not a good landing.

·
Registered
657 Posts
fullthrottleSE said:
They just charge way too much. Those people are outta their mind. They need to get rid of the 1/4 mile sand track and make an MX style track there. They need some doubles and nice table tops. The other track is ok at best. All the jumps have no room for acceleration and not a good landing.

·
Registered
657 Posts
type36 said:
I could tell you about some good places in the PGH area, but then I would have to kill you. :grin_nod:
Bullshit!! Lets hear them.

G

·
wick said:
fullthrottleSE said:
Yeah I agree. They should also open the other side of the trails for general riding instead of just for XC races. If you ever go out there again, send me a PM, I'll join you. I haven't been out there since August when I had my YFZ.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Quote from: type36 on Today at 10:04:40 PM
I could tell you about some good places in the PGH area, but then I would have to kill you.

Bullshit!! Lets hear them.

Sorry, advertising your riding spots is like handing out invitations to a keg party. It might be nice to have friends join you, but the rabble will get the cops called.

·
Registered
314 Posts
hey!!! i seen pittsburg and had to chime in! im about 30 min south of pittsburg. i know of real nice place, its off of route 30 past shanksville called mountain trail resort or something, pretty cool up there about 90 miles of trails of all types, MX track, some hill climbs, you can even camp there if you wish. not a bad place to check out. its also where they hosted Quad-fest last year, and it will be held there this year as well. if you missed last year i HIGHLY recomend coming out for it. lots of stuff to do, mud bog contests, drag racing they had it all!! do a google search for quadfest and you should get the site for the event.

even if you dont head out for the event its still a good place to ride, the drive isnt as bad as it sounds, its a straight shot so it doesnt take that long to get there. the downside is you have to pay to ride i think its like 10$ weekdays and 20$ on weekends. but its well worth it IMO. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
111 Posts
There will soon be alot of poker runs. Rumble on the Ridge is a good one, Tri-County has several each year.

·
Registered
314 Posts
type36 said:
off of route 30 past shanksville called mountain trail resort

unless you a riding one of the field sections, better have good skids.
very true, the big john trail is brutal, but it tests your skills to the limit. i have full PRM skids. fortunately there is alot of ways to bypass it now if you dont want to navigate the rocks. zipping around in those pine trees is a blast when you have a few guys with you and try to race through it. were you there at last years quadfest? i know me and a few guys are going up for the weekend this year.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you use google earth you can see several places to ride they all look the same from the air. A place called Greenmans is "un-officially" closed to outsiders but if you live near by there is over 600 acres of riding there. Join some of the local riding clubs an you will find out how much riding there is. A club called ATV traction charges $20 a year and they have over 10K acres in 5 counties to ride in. That is the best bang for your buck if you ask me. I ride greenmans, by monroeville, settlers cabin area, and a few other free spots as well. Quad fest is a blast. I took my Rincon, 700R and my WR250F there last year and rode a different one each day. I'll be there again this year... 4 days this time...

This really belongs in off topic though...

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have not been to greensmans in almost a year. It was getting boring. My buddys sister liver about 3 or 4 miles from there. We just ride the tracks up. Where in settlers cabin? I live right there and never knew of a place to ride.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts