Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was wondering if any one from michigan or around michigan had any good trails to ride on in michigan.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I ride trails up by Mio,MI and Black Lake,MI and they are all right. The Black Lake trails were my Fav. but they closed all the big hills a few years ago. Mio is Ok but not as fun as it use to be.

Like MD posted there is Silver lake. Its fun there just seems so small:( Trails in Baldwin,MI but I have never rode there.

I also rode at Bundy hill off road Park this weekend and it was ok also just dusty and when you went down some trails they would turn into trails that have bolders and trees that the jeeps climb over lol. I advise a set of skids if you go there.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Here's a list of some of the MI trails. http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070-38330--,00.html

For Baldwin trails, I've rode Little Manistee twice and it's pretty nice. Little O trail is super narrow with roots sticking up here and there plus with it being narrow and trees only cleared for trail I could see it being dangerous with on coming traffic, so don't recommend that one. Big O trail I might hit up this weekend if I can.

Leota trail is pretty much right around the corner from me but I haven't rode it yet. All my riding buddies have rode Leota and said they like Baldwin trails better. But Leota trails cover a pretty big area and I'm sure they only hit up some of it.

Also another one that was attached on the thread that MD provided.
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/michigan_map.htm

I will probably hit up Baldwin trails this weekend, either Sat or Sunday morning (9ish to about 1 or 2). So if you want to venture up this way your more than welcome to roll with us.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Some of Michigans top places.

* Silver Lake Sand Dunes
* Gladwin ORV Scramble Area
* St. Helen Motorsport Area
* Bull Gap
* Black Lake Recreation Area
* Thunder Bowl
* Ogemaw Sport And Trail

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
The only trails I have hit in Michigan were the Leota system, and the ORV trails up around Iron River in the UP.

The Leota system was tight, curvy, and slow...at least the loops we rode. They are 50" restricted trails, and if your machine is much over 50"...you will be going VERY slow. I tried taking my RZR-S through some of the trails, and it was impossible at 64" wide. It would probably be fun on a quad, but we made the mistake of bringing the RZR.

The trails around Iron River were pretty much dirt roads, you could go wide open for miles at a time, but they were EXTREMELY dusty. You had to have a lot of space between you and the machine in front of you or you couldn't see a damn thing. We were there in August, so if you went early in the year when there was some more rain, it may have not been so bad...but I wouldn't make the trip to ride there again. Flat, straight and open trails...fairly boring after a short time.

I have heard a lot about the Baldwin trails, and wouldn't mind checking them out some time...but if I make the trip to that side of the state, I have a hard time not just going to Silver Lake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts