Raptor Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I own a 2008 YFZ 450se and I love it but I'd like to own a raptor too
Well shoot man if you have the 450, then why bother trying to make the Raptor more like it? If you are just worried it’ll be impossible to love the 700 even though it can’t corner/jump as easily as the 450, you needn’t worry. You will find that there are many things to love about both that neither have in common. Raptor makes big torque and sounds killer, my favorite part. Very comfy seat height and easy to sit on for hours while lugging around trails.

·
Registered
380 Posts
....or bottoming out the suspension when you land, and your body absorbing a hard impact or injury, and/or losing control.
but over the bars is the worst, bailing off the back or sides is usually better, lol

·
Registered
341 Posts
If you know for certain you want to ride open terrain fast or the Mx track on the Raptor invest in long travel arms and long travel shocks. Pick up a used unit to save on the up front cost and dump your money in suspension. I’m running 2.25” wider Houser arms with long travel, Motowoz shocks tuned to my weight, Dominator 2 +5 rear axle and I can wipe the floor with most 450 quads on the track. Invest heavily in suspension and the Raptor becomes an entirely different animal to the point I wouldn’t own another 450 quad personally. Mine has become an all purpose bike. I did engine mods this past season to up it to 70hp and I drag race it, dune it, trail romp it and track ride it. I have almost more fun on it than I do with the KTM 450 dirtbike I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I loved 450s, that was all i wanted to ride. Ive had YFZ, LTR, and KFX and all were awesome quads. Then i rode a raptor and absolutely fell in love with the torque and power delivery. Now when i ride a 450, they are nice and all, but i just want my 700 back. Like many have said in this thread, you can make the 700 suspension more like a 450 if you lower and widen with good shocks setup for you. What you cant do is make a 450 motor (that will last) spit out all that low end "i dont care if im in too high of a gear" power. Just remember that the 700 really needs the "big 3" to wake it up

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
Porting really wakes it up.....just sayin.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Porting really wakes it up.....just sayin.
Lol. I bet so! I just feel the big 3 (at least) needs to be done first to be able to fully utilize a ported head. Baby steps morph...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts