Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just snagged up a set of black plastics from another member on here. They aren't in bad shape but they do have some ware to them. I'm looking for any pointers on plastic restoration. In the past I restored some white plastics off a Warrior by lightly media blasting all the sun damage and hardcore stains, followed by some wet sanding and buffing. Now, I'm not sure how well that process will work on black and thought I'd throw the question out there and see if anyone has any good ideas.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Maxima SC1 works great for making scrtached up plastic look brand new but for fading I'm not sure how well it works. You spray it on let it sit for a minute and whip it down. For stains try a magic eraser I use it and it works great. That's all I got for restoration besides just getting new platic or cover it up with stickers.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
After the plastics are spotless and polished the best I can get them, I use a heat gun to heat up the plastic surface to the point of melting, this renews the shine BUT be very careful, to hot and its a mess and not enough heat and you get no results, the things is you only want to heat the outer skin to melting, no deeper...............and that is TRICKY.........:)

·
Registered
865 Posts
agree with willy

I sanded my black plastics but they were not shiney after I sanded them to 2000 grit and then used polish and buffer never would shine up. I ended up sanding them and then clearcoating them. Looked good, but black plastics just look like crap quick

·
Registered
349 Posts
What about getting the white out of Blue Plastics where its been rolled on?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
What about getting the white out of Blue Plastics where its been rolled on?
Sress marks...............with heat as I suggested earlier, BUT cautiously.............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts