Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Newbie to the forum and am stoked to have found it after reading thru alot of great info.
To my question:

I had a pilot error on my '06 700R last week, and broke the tab to the front fender plastic above the left front wheel :mad:, does anyone know of any tricks or has anyone repaired this?

It's my understanding that most super glue's and epoxy's won't adhere/bond this type of plastic. Would like to find something other than buying a new set.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Depending on where the break is sometimes I use zipties to hold it together.

·
Registered
93 Posts
JB WELD QUICK HAS WORKED FOR ME ON OTHER BIKES :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Teraflx said:
Depending on where the break is sometimes I use zipties to hold it together.

The old "frankin-stich"

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
135boom said:
The old "frankin-stich"
Yep! :lol:

I only really do it when its like under the seat or under a fender by a mounting tab or something. If anything majorly breaks then its time for new shinny stuff. 8)

·
Registered
584 Posts
You can rig up something with pop rivits.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I believe this is the same thermo mould plastic that is used on my rincon and to repair a couple of torn tabs on the plastic I used a clean soldiering iron to melt it back together again. Use the tip of the iron to melt the plastic together all the way to the center of the joint forming a v on both sides of the break. Then use the Side of the tip to melt the rest of the plastic near the V By "spreading" it in a dragging motion into the V. Make a couple passes to make it look good and let it cool to harden. It should last you till your next mishap.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Thumperfan, I talked to my friend who's a pipe fitter this morning, said he worked alot with hdpe pipe which is a similar material. He told me the same thing about using a soldering iron, so I tried it and it worked out very well. It's almost like welding the plastic back together. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.