Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place for a complete plastics kit for a Raptor. Toasted every piece of plastic yesterday. Also need handlebars and possible steering stem. Troy Racing is looking quite reasonable at this point, Any recomendations, stock or aftermarket? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
you flip it? i know full bore makes nice plastics for the rappy, also aftermarket plastics wont have the warning stickers on them. anyone know where to get the best price on them?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spun out near the top of a nasty rocky climb. , Had a brain fart, missed the front brake lever, started rolling backwards, found the brake a little too late, brake locked, handlebars went to the right, and there i was ejected. Killed the plastics, right headlight, possible handlebars, and steering stem. I am unable to tear the quad down as im currently having mobilty issues with my left leg and knee. I thought i was old enuf to know better at 38, apparently not.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Troy i think would be your best bet on stock plastics, other than ebay.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any opinions on full bore, or maier?

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
yamitude said:
Any opinions on full bore, or maier?
full bore look really nice maire makes good plastic aswell and have been around for a long time too

as far a s handle bars i got some protaper atvhighbend bars on mine when my stock bars broke in 2 at the clamp they are like stock bend but a bit wider and that just gives ya more control anyways i find

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I would get some used stock plastics cause the aftermarket ones are very pricey! I think the full bore kit runs about $600 for the front and rear. You can get a full set of plastics used on ebay for $100+ or so and then use the rest of the money on something else like A arms or something. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input fellas, are the aftermarket plastics more glossy than stock? If i have to buy new i am leaning towards oem white Yamaha, or black Maier. In the end i am sure price will dictate my purchase. I like the look of the new 700 se, and may try and duplicate that. Is the hood on the Maiers removable, i can not tell from the picture on various sites.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
i think you can get the full bore on ebay brand new for a little over $400 for front and rear. i think they are more glossy too and dont come with any graphics or stickers on them. i plan on ordering a black set after i get my pipe, i think it will look sleak with no graphics

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Since they are the same price, if not cheaper than aftermarket and are thicker I've always replaced with oem. Maier and Fullbore just seem too cheaply made for my tastes, and there really isn't a huge difference in design.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts