Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
OH YA ! ! ! ! thats my head..... man Bo you did an amazing job.... that really looks perfect.... now ill get ya the Cam, and then we can put that bad boy back in my bike... and see how she runs....

Thanks again man

Plattner

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Veloci, How much do you charge as I think this will be my next mod.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I charge $350 for doin the head and that comes with a Yamaha head gasket. If a 11:1 Wiseco is wanted it will be $500 for all including a Yamaha base gasket.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Thx for the info I will keep it in mind for the future. I have been spending happy lately and gotta chill for this month but I will be doing it eventually.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Rode the Wife's 700 most of last week (our annual week-long Glamis trip).

I've been very impressed with the bike. Her's is completely stock and I was able to keep up with the other boys.

BUT, If I do end up with one, it will be modified. At least the three-mods but, asking a lot of questions about those with the bigger bore or the bigger bore and stroker. Port work will be a must! Race gas isn't an issue. . . have to have it for the rail anyways. I ride a DS650 now that has been bored and stroked to 760. . . love the power and I think I'll have a tough time giving it up but, I feel it may be time for a change. It's gotta be a duner though. . . that's what I like. Shoot the hill about 10 to 15%. . . don't want a swing-arm. . . I'm sure I'll have a wheelie monster but, that's ok. . . that's what I'm used to. The altitude I ride at robs the power.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
feel free to just ship that to me.. j/k plattner!

Good work man.. I can see why plattner was braggin ya up on the phone the other day now!

·
Registered
815 Posts
lowridin - HA HA HA yea right doug.... nice try.... ha ha I told you that Velociraptor does a great job....

I just cant wait to get that bad boy back so i can put it back on the bike and get my custom made map... and then run the hell out of her....

Plattner

·
Registered
49 Posts
How much gain can one expect from porting a head like that? Does it add a lot at the upper rpms where power usually drops off?

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its a gain across the board with a slight edge up top, a few rpms- cant rev a a cam that cant rev lol. 3rwhp is what to expect.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DrDsRaptor said:
Thx for the info I will keep it in mind for the future. I have been spending happy lately and gotta chill for this month but I will be doing it eventually.
Completely understandable, my prices not only includes the main gasket/gaskets thats needed for reassembly but seat/valve work and shipping back in the 48 states- extra for the other 2 and other countries. I also offer "milder" porting for the "less aggressive" croud for less, $250. Plattner is going 11:1 with a stage II cam so he is in a need for some serious port work like what Ive done to mine. I am also going to offer custom chamber work with TIG welding to get smaller chamber sizes without milling for the guys that dont want to tear that far down 8), more on this later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts