Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi!

i was adjusting my chain and i noticed some play when i start turning the wheel it takes a about 1/2 AN inch of travel or less before the chain sporcket starts to move...let me put it in another words, i grab the wheel and start turning it and i can turn it a bit before the the sprockets starts to move. is this normal?

·
Registered
311 Posts
the 46mm nut in the axle is loose and at long time cause that play in the sprocket hub,time for a new hub and tighten that [email protected]! until your eyes popout!:wow:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that sucks, just when i was saving for a new axle. so i need a new hub. i have never dissaembled the rear end. what else should i change while i am in there?

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
that sucks, just when i was saving for a new axle. so i need a new hub. i have never dissaembled the rear end. what else should i change while i am in there?
A new axle:D and might as well do both hubs @ the same time save yourself some hassle later

·
Registered
296 Posts
If youre doing a new axle you should get bearings as well.

·
Registered
415 Posts
no they are saying your sprocket hub. the piece that your rear sprocket bolts to. your axle nut might be loose, but if its been loose for a while it wore out the splines on your axle. my warrior did this, and when i tried tightening it it mushroomed the axlecarrier. mainly because you shouldn't tighten it toooo tight with a 3 ft pipe wrench and an extra 3 ft pipe on the end. :lol: some axles come with this piece and a new locking axle nut. :thumbsup: so look into one of them cause it would be much better than another stock one. plus new wheel hubs would also further bulletproof the back end for roughly $500-600....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im gonna try all of the above, i hope i dont have to replace anything just yet, im saving for a new front end

1 - 11 of 11 Posts