Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my tranny has blown so im getting it replaced, 02 model, id like to do some mods, so far i have a DG R.A.C.E slip on pipe i paid just over 400$ for it and apparently people are telling me its crap, so if i get k&n pro flow air filter with 160/165 main jets and come up on pilots to say 25, will i have alot more torque and midrange? i cant belive i bought that pipe for so mcuh.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ok, why did you pay over $400 for a slip on? You can get a full system for that price. None the less, you should also get an aftermarket header before you add the pro-flow and rejet. This is really the only way to see an improvement in torque and midrange. For example I just recently added the pro-flow kit and a FMF PowerCore 4 muffler w/ a powerbomb header. I jetted my carbs to 160/165 mains w/ #25 pilots and GYTR needles on the 3rd clip. I gained almost 10hp. It really woke up my Raptor. Below is a link where they compare exhaust and show you the difference after rejetting and adding a pro-flow kit.
http://www.ctracing.com/PD_ct photos/dirt_wheel_february_2002.htm

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
thats true, you did get screwed. You wont have as good as you would with a better system. To truly get the most out of your pipe, you need the pro-flow kit (or something similar) and a higher flow Header. You will see a power gain if you get it dialed in right on the jetting.

Exhaust is still the best HP to cost ratio. So, it might be more beneficial for you to sell your DG and buy a better pipe. CT if you want a single, or LTE if you want duals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.