Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my quad is fucked! i sent it in to the shop to get 01 tranny replaced, was going to be 800$ job or so plus labour no biggie, now the've found that the tranny is gone clutch plates gone clutch release axel gone, needle bearing gone, starter clutch gone, and i need to replace oit tank cause my hole got fucked and its un tappable, 3127.05 for it to be completed!

now tell me honestly is it worth it to get them to rebuild it, how long u think it would last if they did, can anyone send me a new motor for cheaper to canada, i paid 4500$ canadian for the quad not even 6 motnhs ago, gimmie some input please i dont no what to do! i cant even afford that but i might do it if it sound reasonable and if u think the quad will last me like 10 years or somehting.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Here is my opinion. Strip off whatever parts are still good and sell them, then start looking for a new quad. You can buy a descent Raptor for $3,000/$3500. I paid $2800 for my 03, granted it needed alot of maintenance. I ended up paying about $3200 all together after the repairs and maintenance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree strip it and sell the good parts on E-bay. People are getting pretty good money that way. What kind of quad you going to get if you buy a new one?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
sirkka_poika said:
my quad is fucked! i sent it in to the shop to get 01 tranny replaced, was going to be 800$ job or so plus labour no biggie, now the've found that the tranny is gone clutch plates gone clutch release axel gone, needle bearing gone, starter clutch gone, and i need to replace oit tank cause my hole got fucked and its un tappable, 3127.05 for it to be completed!

now tell me honestly is it worth it to get them to rebuild it, how long u think it would last if they did, can anyone send me a new motor for cheaper to canada, i paid 4500$ canadian for the quad not even 6 motnhs ago, gimmie some input please i dont no what to do! i cant even afford that but i might do it if it sound reasonable and if u think the quad will last me like 10 years or somehting.
This is the sort of thing I hate to see happen to people. 800 total parts/labor for the tranny should be all new parts, EVERYTHING gets replaced for that price so it should not matter how screwed the tranny is since all new gears and shafts get installed anyway. A new GYT-R clutch is 100 bucks, a new clutch release and needles bearing is 45 bucks (never seen one go bad though) new one-way with gear is 300 and a new CM oil tank is 130

sooooo.....according to my math, that is 1400 total, should'nt be anymore labor because they have to take all that crap off anyway to split the cases to get to the tranny. Go get all the pieces and ship it to me, I'll fix it and replace all that stuff for 1400 US dollars....assuming all that stuff even needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please help me ASAP

·
Registered
733 Posts
Re: Please help me ASAP

sirkka_poika said:
...3127.05 for it to be completed!...
Damn!! I can't believe it is that much.

I wouldn't pay that, you should try and sell it for what you can and put that 3127.05 into a newer quad.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

well got a new quote, 3331.78$ taxes in the came down 15% on the parts i still dont know if its worth it or not, only problem is i dont think that i could sell it for more then 2500$ as it is, and even if i do im still losing 2500$ so if i repair it then atleast i no that i have a reliable quad right? like i no how much money has been put into repairs ill no whats been done so then i could count those out for future problems? is there some kind of logic behind my madness?

·
Registered
204 Posts

Look at some other places. That's way too much for that small of a job. I bet the parts minus the tranny are only around $600 tops. They are tryin to rip ya off big time or sumthin.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts

I hate to see that happen, by my math, the total parts and labor to replace all the things you mentioned would be 1400. Go get all the pieces and ship it to me, I'll fix it for 1400 assuming all that stuff even really needs to be replaced.

You're getting raped, they can only rape you if you let them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my only problem is it will cost me a fortune to send it to you CSR im in canada bro!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
sirkka_poika said:
my only problem is it will cost me a fortune to send it to you CSR im in canada bro!
Not if you do it right. It shouldn't be more than $200 or so. You send it as used parts (which it is) and CSR sends it back as used parts (which it is) and declare the actual replacement value if the whole thing gets lost. It's totally honest and you don't get bent over (as bad) in import taxes/duties. Learned this the hard way sending stuff to hotrod18.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

thts canadian boss!, but ive found a new parts dealer and his prices are alot cheaper for somereason, although both places are still yamaha dealerships in my town, should save a couple hundred bucks on parts. ill keep everyone posted, when i get my quad back the engine will basically be brand fucken new, if anything happens to it ill launch it threw there window.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmmmm twidiling thumbs, pondering, not sure what to do

·
Registered
455 Posts

well theres your problem... u went to the dealership to have it fixxed. of course theyre going to rape you. if i was you i would only have the tranny and the clutch release axle fixxed then do the rest your self. and plus the dealership is prolly goin to use stock parts which will break with in a year if you have them fix it. idk man good luck :brick:

·
Registered
441 Posts

ajax660 said:
well theres your problem... u went to the dealership to have it fixxed. of course theyre going to rape you. if i was you i would only have the tranny and the clutch release axle fixxed then do the rest your self. and plus the dealership is prolly goin to use stock parts which will break with in a year if you have them fix it. idk man good luck :brick:
Ajax is 100% right :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seems to me you wouldn't get the initial investment back parting it out,sooooooo the next best is to spend the 1400 to 1600 and have a quad that should run really fine for quite a long time.Coldshed Racing has been around and done good business with a lot of the guys here,and I haven't heard any complaints, sooooo,I think that would be your best bet!I got REAL lucky with my 03 Rappy,all the goodies on, for 800 bucks.Did some tinkering, had to replace the one way and a few minor things, spent 1400 usd. :lol:man I got lucky!!!By the way, complete with paperwork!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts