Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While riding today i noticed the engine light on. Its error code 51 and not listed in the service manuel. Who knows what it is?

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
12Crankshaft position sensor
13Intake air pressure sensor (open or short circuit)
14Intake air pressure sensor (hose line)
15Throttle position sensor (open or closed circuit)
16Throttle position sensor
21Coolant temperture sensor
22Intake ait temperture sensor (open or closed circuit)
30Lean angle sensor (latch up detected)
33Ignition coil (faulty ignition)
41Lean angle sensor (open or closed circuit)
42Speed sensor/ Neutral switch
43Fuel system voltage (monitoring voltage)
44Error in writing the amount of CO adjustment on EEPROM
46Vehicle system power supply (monitioring voltage)
50ECU internal malfunction (memory check error)

are you sure its 51 because this is all i could find?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah im sure. 5 long flashes and 1 short one. I read on another site, that a guy with an R6 had the same code (51) and it also was not in the service manuel. It turned out to be fan motor/relay. I find it hard to believe that the codes or ecm are the same. Thou i will test the fan and inline circuit breaker tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Called a dealer and will know in a bit...will post answer when i get the info. It will be for a 2009 model because i dont know your model year. But from 2006 to 2011 i think they are all made the same so should be same problem.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Ok i got a call after much searching on the web for you from a Japaneese tech overseas...I gots connections LOL i just talked squirrly with him and got the answer LOL...

Fan relay needs to be fixed. Its the 2 bullet conectors under the seat...Just thigthen them back real good and that problem should be gone...

So its the same code as the Yamaha R6...

Glad that i could help...Super Frenchie to the rescue lmao!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot for spending the time to help me. When you say bullet connecters, do you mean the in line circuit breaker connection that goes to the relay?

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well im sad to say it still doesnt work. I checked all connections, tested the fan, the circuit breaker and even applyed power to the relay and checked for continunity. Im at a loss, not sure what to try now. I hate to take it to the dealer. Any other ideas? Is there a way to test the wires between the relay and the fan? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
PITA electronics. I dont think it would cost you anything to have it tested. Dealers want the money from the new parts your going to need if somethings wrong. I would call a couple dealers and ask them how they would charge to test your relays...Im also thinking the fan might be fried/no good anymore.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah im kinda at a loss. I direct wired the fan and it came on, then removed the relay applyed power and it was opening and closeing. I also pulled out the circuit breaker and tested it. What else is there? I looked over the wires and didnt see anything broken or burned (Barker Duals). Is there a way to remove the relay and apply power to its connection and start the fan? That way i know the wiring is good between the fan and relay

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Your best bet is to start a new thread about it. Members that have had similar problems and/or know the relays better than me will chime in and help you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts