Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just received my HMF Optimizer III, however I think the sent the wrong one. It has five connections. One for the Bat (-) and four connectors to the fuel injector. Since the Raptors only have on injector I would think there would only be two connectors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dru- If it is like this, they did send you the wrong one. i am still going thru getting it fixed, I had to send this one back to HMF (my dime by the way). Currently waiting on the correct one to make it to me. There was around 3 threads on this, with a couple more people all dealing with the problem. i can find those threads if needed.

jockumsen said:
There are 2 other threads going about this exact controller. No one can figure out why there are 2 sets of connections. Everyone that has posted about the install just talks about using one set of connections on the EFI module. So any clue on this? Another person on that other thread tried it and no result on it starting the raptor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered it from worldwideperformance. But the package came straight from HMF. So they just middle man that transaction. I called HMF direct to get the problem fixed, since it was from them. Both places (HMF & worldwide) said that Dobeck was packing outlander 800 optimizers in the packages labeled Raptor. I take it that is what you were sent as well?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also ordered mine from worldwide sports. I sent it back at my expense and told them to just credit my account. Disappointed with Worldwide Spots because they sent me the wrong one and then made me send it back at my expense.

So I ordered the PCIII from Fuel Moto and received it on Friday. It looks like a much better unit and they pre programmed it for all my mods.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was very torn to do as you did, to just dump the dobeck and get a pcIII. Yes I was very surprised when worldwide said send the dobeck back to us on your dime and we will send you the correct one. Picture this happening! I sell you a product on Ebay, you get it and its for a predator. You email me, I tell you; well you get the product back to me and I will send you the one you actually ordered. The reason you got the wrong one was becasue my box packer was not paying attention. I'm sure you would never by from me again, and give me a terrible write up! :mad: Let me know how the pcIII works for you. I read a bunch of opinions about either the dobeck or PCIII. To be honest I was not sure worldwide would refund me.so I just kept the Dobeck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will let you know how the PCII works out. If you call Worldwide let them know how disappointed you are about the shipping and they will credit your account. The fact that they would not ship out the correct controller until they received the old one is when they said they would pay for the shipping. I told them I did not want to wait for another two week. I ordered a HMF full exhaust and a Velocity Air intake which I received, however I did not want to run it without the controller for two more weeks. They did not seem to have a problem in crediting my credit card.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.