Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok i have been posting threads asking about 660s and 700s but i really want to know what the real best bike would be. I know that because this is raptor forums you'll probably all say "Oh go buy the raptor 700 or somthing" but i want the truth please. I found a really nice trx450r but idk. Im 14 around 5''6 and almost 150 pounds. Please help any input.:) Btw i have a raptor 350 now

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Ok i have been posting threads asking about 660s and 700s but i really want to know what the real best bike would be. I know that because this is raptor forums you'll probably all say "Oh go buy the raptor 700 or somthing" but i want the truth please. I found a really nice trx450r but idk. Im 14 around 5''6 and almost 150 pounds. Please help any input.:) Btw i have a raptor 350 now
It sounds like you already have your mind made up, if you found a good deal on a Trx 450R then go get it. Not quite sure why you are looking for someone to tell you what you want. The Trx 450r is a good bike you'll enjoy it

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think he's looking more for the pros and cons of different bikes, than he is looking for someone to tell him what to buy. He's 14 and hardly as experienced with ATVs as we more matured guys that have been riding different quads for years. So info and opinions would probably serve him well.

littlelukeyyy, why don't you start with telling us what kind of riding you usually do and what would be important to you about your quad. ie: sand, woods, MX, trails. Torquey low end power, high rev power, comfort for your size, weight, handling, cost, best resale value, looks, etc.......

One thing I can tell you is that if you want a proven bike (for less) that is super comfy to ride, very diverse, and ultra build-able to a safe 47 hp and 35 torque.......and, modded to the gills with about every aftrmrkt part you could imagine or want...aaand want to keep the price down....Z400s are on the market now allllll over the place for like , between 1,500 and 2,500 ready to race. You'll find them all day long bored and stroked and well suspended. Just make sure that if you go that route, that you do a good inspection first.

I've been riding one for 6 years and have been very happy with it for MX, dunes, and certainly XC. Juuuust something to think about if you want a wicked bike for less.

Just my .02.....8)

PS To avoid being stoned and lynched in the courtyard...yes, a also have a Raptor and I freakn love it....

·
Registered
448 Posts
If your going back and forth between the 660 and 700, go with the 700, it's fuel injected, much easier to work with when doing exhaust/intake mods vs the 660s carbs

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just bought my 700, it's the 1st quad I've ever owned. For me it was about comfort. It's a bigger machine, and I'm 6 1 and my weight varies between 199 and 225. I just felt like a giant on those 450's. I'm very happy with the torque and comfort of the 700.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a 2006 trx450r. Is it true that it will beat a raptor 660 and 700

·
Registered
84 Posts
LOL, My friends (HONDA) 400, 450's (2 of them) can't even hold a candle in the dunes. Forget Honda, they stopped making quality quads YEARS ago. Now my other buddies YFZ is a good bike. The only catch I see is his YFZ450 is really race setup. It has a hard seat, and stiffer shocks. The Raptor 700 is a couch, but has the power to keep up, and beat most everything out there (ESPECIALLY STOCK). He'll I've taken Banshee 350's that thought they were bad ass too! BUT had my ass handed to me by a 50 year old on a 300 high compression (250R punched and stroked) 3-wheeler!

Bottom line d00d, it's all about what you want it for.

IF your asking will a TRX450 go faster, HA! HA HAHAHAHAHAHAH.... NO
IF your asking will a TRX450 cost less? prolly... Jump higher? Sure, Who knows?

I think you need to go ride some bikes and figure out which one likes YOU the best...

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've owned an 08 KFX 450 R and an 09 Raptor 700, the KFX was fun and had plenty of power, if you have less experience with the big bore machines I would recommend a 450 (kawasaki, yamaha, suzuki, I personally don't care for the Honda) they are fun have lots of power on tap and will usually keep up with the bigger machines, once you have some experience and get ready for something bigger I would definately recommend the raptor 700 the power ride quality, and handling charastics are great... just my opinion hope it helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i havn't been on in forever but i thought i might as well tell u wt bike i got. I got a 2006 trx450er its got great torque and top end power. I love it:):):):):):):):):):)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Crawl before you walk. That is the best advice.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got a 06 trx450er back in may its got some balls!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:wow:

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Crawl before you walk. That is the best advice.
+12... Best advice is always free!

I have a 700R and it is as standard very quick, very high torque, FAST, handles well (Apart from the Torque Steer) but all in all is a very nice bike. I have wanted one for years and now I have one and I can tell you, I have rode many variations of bikes and quads, but this one outshines anything I have been on and I am certain this would kick the ass of my old FZR600. Well on acceleration anyway!
As said above, see if you can test ride a couple, find out what feels good to you not what sounds good to you.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Your right.
Raptors are awesome.
I weigh 68kgs and the thing is so quick.
I have raced some larger built guys on yzf450s and beat them.
My bike is still stock.:cool:

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
LOL, My friends (HONDA) 400, 450's (2 of them) can't even hold a candle in the dunes. Forget Honda, they stopped making quality quads YEARS ago. Now my other buddies YFZ is a good bike. The only catch I see is his YFZ450 is really race setup. It has a hard seat, and stiffer shocks. The Raptor 700 is a couch, but has the power to keep up, and beat most everything out there (ESPECIALLY STOCK). He'll I've taken Banshee 350's that thought they were bad ass too! BUT had my ass handed to me by a 50 year old on a 300 high compression (250R punched and stroked) 3-wheeler!

Bottom line d00d, it's all about what you want it for.

IF your asking will a TRX450 go faster, HA! HA HAHAHAHAHAHAH.... NO
IF your asking will a TRX450 cost less? prolly... Jump higher? Sure, Who knows?

I think you need to go ride some bikes and figure out which one likes YOU the best...
Ive gotten my ass kicked by a little honda....im just sayin

And it hangs out in your neck of the woods, just over in Tucson

1 - 17 of 17 Posts