Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
02 RAPTOR 660,,,,I KNOW I AM NOT THAT SMART,,,,,HERES WHAT HAPPENED,,,I CHANGED MY CLUTCH,,,,PUT IT BACK TOGETHER,,,,THEN IT WOULDNT SHIFT,,,,CLUTCH WORKED WHEN I PULLED THE LEVER,,,,SO I PULL IT APART AND GOT BEHIND THE CLUTCH BASKET AND THE SHIFTER THING IS POPPED OFF,,,,SO IT SLIPS BACK ON EASILY BUT AS SOON AS I SHIFT DOWN ,,,,WHAMMO,,,,POPS RIGHT BACK OFF AT THE SHIFT STAR LOOKIN THING,,,,THERE IS NO GROOVE FOR A C-CLIP AS FAR AS I CAN SEE,,,,BUT THE SHIFT BAR THATS CONNECTED TO THE SHIFTER PEDAL MOVES IN AND OUT ABOUT A HALF INCH WHEN I SHIFT DOWN,,,,DOSENT POP LOOSE OR MOVE IN AND OUT WHEN I SHIFT UP,,,,SHOULD I JUST TURN IT INTO A NICE BONFIRE AND FORGET ABOUT IT OR DOES SOMEONE KNOW WHERE I SCREWED UP,,,IM SURE ITS SOMETHING I OVERLOOKED,,,,THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok ,,i figured it out ,,,,sounds easy now,,,the clutch cover has a 1/4 inch nipple inside of it to hold the shift shaft in place once installed back on the engine,,,,i must have bumped the shifter and popped it off before i ever put the cover back on,,,,

·
Registered
13 Posts
wow same thing happend to me thanks for posting it now i know where i went wrong too, if i need to ask more cause im dumb ill write again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts