Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This motor was completly rebuilt top to botom at the local shop i installed motor in frame with air breather.

Long story short i came home to it raining out and the air breather filled with water because the top was off. The engine at the time had no oil in it because it was just rebuilt. I drained the carbs and could not find any other water. When i filed the engine with oil and started it i noticed the oil was very milky i drained the lower end and refiled with oil and the oil is still milky
how do i get the oil back to normal? Should i run the engine for a while and change oil again ?

Will this cause damange and what do i need to do to the motor to fix this problem i do not want to tell the local shop about it as i dont want to void my warranty any help would be great

·
Master of the Electron
15,679 Posts
Change the oil, run it till hot, change the oil, run it till hot... once the milk is gone, so is the water. Agree that you should also verify it's not coolant, but from your description, it's probably just rain water.

Whether or not the water caused damage to the un-oiled crankcase is a function of how much assembly lube was there, etc... and will not be obvious until you either disassemble to inspect, or use it till something breaks - and with luck, nothing will.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
If you are not going to use the air lid, drill several small holes in the bottom of the air box corners to allow water to escape..............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts