Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay im 16 and love my raptor 350..and like its power, but want more! i am currently looking at the gytr carburetor jet kit, and the gytr oval muffler... can u please give me advice on these two parts...will the pipe have a noticible sound change?(i want it loud)...power change? and how will those jets help me? thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
The GYT-R exhaust and GYT-R jet kit are both great choices. It will be much louder than stock with a good sound. The GYT-R jet kit is a good choice to. The numbering on the jets is the same as the stock numbering currently in the bike so it makes jetting a little easier. (DynoJet has their own numbering system that does not match up with stock).

".....and how will those jets help me? thanks ....."

By putting on a new exhaust the engine is able to push the exhaust out the engine easier resulting in more air intake into the engine. With the stock jets the carb is only able to deliver the same amount of fuel to the engine as before. So the result is a "lean" mixture. Meaning the fuel to air mixure is lean on the amout of fuel. Since air cooled engines rely on the fuel mixture to cool the bike running lean is bad. It will result in an engine running too hot and could cause engine damage. By putting in bigger jets you allow more fuel into the engine, which results in more power and the correct air/fuel mixture.

You also need to add a new aftermarket filter if you are putting on a new pipe. It will allow the engine to breathe easier resulting in more power. Do not get the K&N drop in type, they suck. Get a clamp on style like a Uni, Pro Design or my favorite the GYT-R high flow filter with billet adapter and prefilter http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelsubcontaineritems/5/400/1802/11794/2007/0/1.aspx

With these mods you will notice a large difference over power from stock, especially low end torque.

Hope this helps, any more questions just ask.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts