Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: i have a raptor 350 that i let sit for way to long.....i went to start it and it wouldnt run.....i changed the battery and decided that there was bad gas in the carb so i drained the gas tank, cleaned out the pet cock, and torn the carb completely apart and cleaned every inch of that thing(everything looked pretty clean even the rubber thats in there), and also put a new plug in.....now i got it to run but it backfires like crazy and i pulled the plug out and it appears that it is running way to lean.....it will only run with the choke on .....the min i shut it off it dies and will not restart with the choke off......i tryed to play with the mixture screw alittle but that dosent seem to do anything......my raptor ran great before i let it sit and i have no mods done to it......please help ive been trying to play with this thing for a week and it driving me nuts.....thanx :help:

·
Registered
305 Posts
If its back firing then it probley is running lean. Could really be a number of things. If none of the adjustment were moved since it last ran, the jets are probley plugged up in it. When you took it apart did you clean the jets and the rest of the inside good? Use some carb cleaner and make sure to get rid of all the old gas gummed up and varnished in jet and other small areas. Thats hould take care of it and you might have to re adjust the carb again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think i have cleaned the carb the best it can be.....i used carb cleaner took all jets out and cleaned them with a soft brush and blew through them with the compressor.......should i find a carb rebuilt kit and just replace everything or just upgrade and get the dynoflo jet kit....or just try and find a new stock carb.....like i said i have no mods yet and not to sure how the upgrade jet kit would do with all stock equipment......if the rebuilt kit is the best choice is there any sugestion on where to obtain one.....thanx again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts