Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i had my 660 out on the forest tracks yesterday, came around a bend into a hole of water and quad stalled after coming out, was hard to start after but it started, went about a mile on and it stalled again,tryed swinging and it backfired real loud like a shotgun and wouldnt start, took it home and she started easy enogh but lots of white smoke coming out the exhaust and spluttering bad and vibration coming from the engine

sorry for the long winded post, is my engine dead?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
so i had my 660 out on the forest tracks yesterday, came around a bend into a hole of water and quad stalled after coming out, was hard to start after but it started, went about a mile on and it stalled again,tryed swinging and it backfired real loud like a shotgun and wouldnt start, took it home and she started easy enogh but lots of white smoke coming out the exhaust and spluttering bad and vibration coming from the engine

sorry for the long winded post, is my engine dead?
Water may have gotten into the airbox and also the sparkplug cavity..........White smoke is indicative of water going through the engine.........:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, what do you recomend i should do next?, i took out the plug and cleaned it but it made no real difference

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
drain the oil

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wonder if you sucked up enough water to hydrolock it. if so that might have bent the rod just enough to let it run but cause a vibration.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there was only a very small few drops of water in the air box, wouldnt think it would be enough to do damage

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
did you submegre it or just cross a puddle?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i had another look at this while ago, started no problem from cold, very little smoke, no rattles so i pushed it out of the garage to take it for a spin, ileft it idling while i went to the house for my helmet, came back jumped on and just as i went taking off it stalled and now its running shit again hard to start and a rattle somewhere?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts